Kristin Putty Hobo, beautiful, but crooked pocket and clasp

Rainbow 06

LYNN
O.G.
Sep 26, 2006
Hi all, and very Happy and healthy Thanksgiving! I really have been good lately and I have also been waiting for something to catch my eye. I have been in a lot recovering from a double break on my left foot, so I have not been to the malls at all. But, the Holidays are upon us, and I wanted something pretty for the season. I have enough but I was just waiting for something different to catch my eye. My SA recommended the Kristin patent hobo to me in Putty. I have a camel leather one and I just love it for comfort and the feel of the leather. Fed Ex came quickly and I was excited. I thought the pinkish putty color patent was different and really pretty.There was no trouble with the zipper at all for those of you that had that problem. Then, I found an unexpected glitch on an otherwise perfect bag. The pocket with the silver clasp just did not snap tight. I tried adjusting it a few times and compared it to my other leather Kristin and the magnets just did not seem to line up correctly to snap in. I was baffled. My DH has a very keen eye for things and he looked at it. He said the pocket in back of the clasp was higher on one side and the clasp was also crooked so that was why it did not snap easily. I can understand how this could be overlooked upon inspection at the store because until you snap it, you would not notice it. But it is definitely crooked. I wondered if anyone else experienced this issue with the pocket snaps and the lining up of them to the magnet? My SA was nice enough to send me a return label to mail it back to her and she will get me a new one. I am pretty far away from this store, but I love the service there. I am now wondering if I really want the patent back and if it looks as nice as the pretty leather in blue mist or the dark green instead of the putty patent. Any opinions on anyone who has the putty patent hobo will be greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays and the most importantly very healthy ones with your loved ones!!:smile:

Last edited:
Happy Holidays to you too!
Sorry to hear about your Putty Patent Kristin Hobo. I don't have her but I have seen her IRL and she is nice. I have seen the Putty Satchel and both the Black Patent Satchel and Hobo. I hope you are able to find a new one!
Good Luck!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

Happy Holidays to you too!
Sorry to hear about your Putty Patent Kristin Hobo. I don't have her but I have seen her IRL and she is nice. I have seen the Putty Satchel and both the Black Patent Satchel and Hobo. I hope you are able to find a new one!
Good Luck!!!

Lynne :biggrin:
Thanks for responding Luvs Elvis. I really do love the Kristin style and leather. I have not seen the Marcasite color in person, but there is a store a ways away , but not too far to ride to that I may just go with DH today and look at the pretty things and the Christmas decorations now that my cast is off. Yea!!! I am sure the metallic is very pretty too, but metallics kind of scare me since my pretty silver carryall had to go back. I do love silver though. I was just a bit disappointed to see that crooked silver clasp and piecing on the lower pocket. I really do not think that the patent looks cheaply made at all, and I like the crackly surface. It reminds me of the beloved Sabrina in patent that I missed. I think... and this is only my humble opinion, that the bags are just not quality controlled quite enough before they reach the distribution center in JAX. I was told from a customer support person at JAX that all the bags come into JAX wrapped. Then they are opened and checked before they ship to stores and customers. I do have a great store with really well informed and very nice SA's but I really can see why this bag could have looked perfect until you tried to snap it and looked at it up really close. I am sure that she will find me a perfect one. Enjoy your Holidays, your families, all of you!;)

I have the marcasite hobo and I love it. The color is almost a copper color, it is definately not silver. But yesterday I went to my local Coach store and looked at the Kristin satchels. Now I really want one of them! To me, you always have to work a little to get the clasp to close right on the hobo, and my #1 pet peeve about the hobo is that the zipper tends to fight you most of the time. You have to hold the opening just right for the zipper to close. This is not a problem with the satchel. It holds it's shape more. I have always been leary of the satchel for fear it was too heavy. To me, the removeable strap on the hobo always seems so heavy, I could only imagine how much heavier the satchel strap must be because it has more metal links in it. But when I tried on the satchel, I was amazed at how light it really felt. Also, it hangs a little longer on the shoulder so to me it is more comfortable. Hope this info helps and I am glad you are feeling better!

I got yhe smal;l blue mist and found out that I had the same probpem - fortunately for me I live less than 15 miles from the Coach Store - I got the bag on Saturday and returned it for another one on Sunday - I got the blue mist and I ireally love it - I love the silver hardware and the color. Good luck. I know that when I unwrapped it I kept looking at it and adjusting it and I realized that I had the same problem that you described. They were very nice about bringing out another bag and unwrapping it - I think just becasue of the way that they are made that in the begining the pocket may not hang completly straight - but it gets straight when the leather softens up a little.

I got the small blue mist and found out that I had the same problem - fortunately for me I live less than 15 miles from the Coach Store - I got the bag on Saturday and returned it for another one on Sunday - I got the blue mist and I ireally love it - I love the silver hardware and the color. Good luck. I know that when I unwrapped it I kept looking at it and adjusting it and I realized that I had the same problem that you described. They were very nice about bringing out another bag and unwrapping it - I think just becasue of the way that they are made that in the begining the pocket may not hang completly straight - but it gets straight when the leather softens up a little.

I got the small blue mist and found out that I had the same problem - fortunately for me I live less than 15 miles from the Coach Store - I got the bag on Saturday and returned it for another one on Sunday - I got the blue mist and I ireally love it - I love the silver hardware and the color. Good luck. I know that when I unwrapped it I kept looking at it and adjusting it and I realized that I had the same problem that you described. They were very nice about bringing out another bag and unwrapping it - I think just becasue of the way that they are made that in the begining the pocket may not hang completly straight - but it gets straight when the leather softens up a little.
Oh, that is good to know that my eyes were not going crazy!. I am going to look again as soon as I can navigate the nearest mall when it is quiet. Thanks for your reply. My computer went down and I lost AOL, so I hope that this message gets to you.
Happy Holidays!!

I have the black patent Kristin in large and I am sooo happy with it~! I'm glad you're going to get a new one. I'd love a putty one too but I'm waiting for Spring 2011!
I love the black , but almost every bag in my closet is black or brown or signature brown and black. I want to try the lighter colors for a change. I am going to try to look at the Marquisite today if the mall is less crowded . Thanks for your answer and Happiest of Holidays!!

A double break in your foot? OMG! May I ask how that happened?
LOL, DH stepped out of the shower to get a wash cloth and the floor was wet. I slipped as I was going into the bathroom and was casted. Later I got a cam walker boot. When it was removed, the MRI found a second break further back. I really do not know if it was original because they just x rayed it the first time. So, me and my cam boot were best friends for four months. I think DH owes me a new bag, LOL. Happiest of Holidays!!

I think a break like that gets you TWO new bags from DH - one for EACH fracture. Hope it's not too painful (I feel all ouchy just thinking about it)
sorry I have not answered my computer was broken and crashed. I am not sure what I will get now. Thinking of the Marcasite or the Blue mist if the zippers and pockets are okay. Happy Happy Holidays! And yes, two bags or a bag and a wallet for sure..lol
hugs:smile:

I have the marcasite hobo and I love it. The color is almost a copper color, it is definately not silver. But yesterday I went to my local Coach store and looked at the Kristin satchels. Now I really want one of them! To me, you always have to work a little to get the clasp to close right on the hobo, and my #1 pet peeve about the hobo is that the zipper tends to fight you most of the time. You have to hold the opening just right for the zipper to close. This is not a problem with the satchel. It holds it's shape more. I have always been leary of the satchel for fear it was too heavy. To me, the removeable strap on the hobo always seems so heavy, I could only imagine how much heavier the satchel strap must be because it has more metal links in it. But when I tried on the satchel, I was amazed at how light it really felt. Also, it hangs a little longer on the shoulder so to me it is more comfortable. Hope this info helps and I am glad you are feeling better!
Hi How is the leather on the gunmetal holding up? I saw it finally and it is very pretty. Thanks and Happy Happy!!!