Fashions You Once Disliked, But Now You Have a Change of Heart

I liked leggings but thought they would only look good on tall girls, and they also reminded me of the style when I was young... but I finally gave them a try and I'm happy I did.

I lot of the items I wear now I used to violently hate - skinny jeans, sack dresses, booties, maxis, man-tailored pants (even though they don't suit me).
What's a sack dress? :shame:

*skinny jeans
*otk boots
*ankle booties with dresses
*sequins with a dressed down item.. I thought it looked soo goofy to wear sequins as everyday wear and mixed with laid back items. It is still goofy looking on me but a lot of people can pull it off.

I think we have just trained ourselves to think things look good by seeing photo after photo of the item on celebrities and runways. My SO and I were just talking about this last week when I tried to convince him (a fairly stylish and fashion forward guy) that yes, sequins and a t-shirt do go together sometimes. One day we will probably look back on all of our photos and think we look terrible and wonder what we were thinking. Remember the bright eyeshadows and big hair of the 80s??
*shudders* Yes, I look back at those years and SMH so much. :nogood: I quickly turn those photo album pages. :upsidedown:

ETA: Wow, a bunch of people didn't like skinny jeans when they first came out; I think that's the resounding answer in this thread! How interesting!

I agree with the skinny jeans... didn't like them, now I love them!

Leggings... it's still a hit/miss with me because I see some people just abuse them horribly lol! Personally, I like them under sweater dresses... that's about it.

Leopard print... I used to never get the whole animal print thing, but now I find myself continuously eying leopard print shoes and dresses.

I was very much against Uggs or Ugg-style boots... but only because I'm from Hawaii & back in high school, I'd see girls wear them. TOTALLY unnecessary -- I thought it was stupid.

Now I go to school in Boston & am singing a different tune. But I still hate seeing Ugg-style boots back home.

I'm the same..it took me a bit to get skinnies and UGGS and leggings(because I had them the first time around) but I've crossed over.
I also didn't like the Eternity scarves out now..but have come around to those too. I bought a really cool one at Anthro.

Oversized jackets: used to hate them but now I basically live in boyfriend blazers.

Brogues/oxfords: now I wear them because they are comfy and look stylish with cropped pants/jeans.

Birkenstock sandals: used to think they were ugly but I bought a pair last summer and OMG!!! They are the most comfortable shoes I've ever own!

Colored clothes: I only wore black clothes from 14 to 21-22 years old. Now I've started buying other colors.

JEANS in general that is,
i hated jeans and never had a single pair in my closet until about 8 years ago and now i have almost 80 pairs in all different washes and styles...im just moderately obsessed lol

Like everyone else... Skinny Jeans!! I said I'd never wear em and now I love them - so chic!

And UGG's, I gave in 3 years ago and have loved them since.

Still working towards the OTK boots... They look great on everyone else, I'm just not bold enough yet. lol