Fashions You Once Disliked, But Now You Have a Change of Heart

Oh, this is easy!

OTK Boots w/ Heels (now I have several pair)

Latex leggings - now they're a staple of mine

Please shoot me if your ever, ever, ever find me in a maxi dress. I don't think I will ever change my mind on that one.

*want it all* by sack dress I mean those short dresses that are not at all tailored, and some are even A-line, so they sit on bust/waist/hips like a sack. Very 60s, and some of them are gorgeous. Sorry I get confused about which terms I made up and which ones everyone else uses.

Uggs. My motto was always friends don't let friends wear crocs. Then the uggs came out and I changed my saying to friends don't let friends wear uggs or crocs. THEN as a joke I tried them on. They are still fugly but soooooo warm and comfy. I own 6-8 pairs of uggs and emus right now.

Mark my words. I will NEVER EVER try on a pair of crocs no matter what!!

loooool thats funny..

well i never imagined myself wearing skinny jeans *like two years from today* - now i dont wear my bootcut jeans

leggings too.. i thought they looked ridiculous..

and hmmm boy friends shirts are now my beloved, although i thought they were tacky before..

Leggings. I refused to wear them for the longest time. Years even. Now I own 2 black leggings. 1 shiny/shimmery looking & 1 cotton-like. I only wear them for dressy occasions though. But regardless, I never thought in a million years that I'd ever be wearing leggings.

I never hated legging and jeggings but I never thought they would look good on me. For some reason I had it in my mind on tall slim girls could only wear them. I am short and curvy. Well now I have 4 or 5 pairs of leggings. They are so comfy. I bought my first pair of jeggings earlier this month and have worn them 3 times and I am looking for another pair.
I also had a strong hatred for tights and hosery since I was a kid. Strange I know. I bought some tights last week and I have worn them twice already. I will add more to my winter wordbrobe.

JEANS in general that is,
i hated jeans and never had a single pair in my closet until about 8 years ago and now i have almost 80 pairs in all different washes and styles...im just moderately obsessed lol
Well, you did a complete turnaround, I must say!!!!! :nuts: I thought I had it bad re: jeans! I am not even close to you...I should tell my hubby about your number the next time he rolls his eyes at me! ;)

Still working towards the OTK boots... They look great on everyone else, I'm just not bold enough yet. lol
LOL, we'll see how it goes for me. I'm waiting for the Stuart Weitzman 5050 to arrive. It's gotten rave reviews so maybe I'll join the OTK boot crowd. :blush:

I was very much against Uggs or Ugg-style boots... but only because I'm from Hawaii & back in high school, I'd see girls wear them. TOTALLY unnecessary -- I thought it was stupid.
Oh! The nordstrom in Hawaii...I see a big display of Ugg boots, and yes, I see girls shopping at Ala Moana with their Ugg boots on! WTH, it's roasting and so humid in Hawaii! :confused1:

*want it all* by sack dress I mean those short dresses that are not at all tailored, and some are even A-line, so they sit on bust/waist/hips like a sack. Very 60s, and some of them are gorgeous. Sorry I get confused about which terms I made up and which ones everyone else uses.
LOL!!!!!!! No, that's all right! I just wanted to know where you were coming from! Thank you for the clarification! :flowers:

I learned to say never a while ago.

Latest conversions have included

1.OTK boots last year, bought Top Shop but blame Gucci

2. Dirndl skirts, they were so ugly to me, suddenly they look good with wide belt and tough looking boots

Oh, and I need to add this item to my list: I used to never wear boots outside of my jeans. I thought the jeans tucked into boots thing looked so equestrian, but now I do it all.the.time. :P

Incidentally, *waves* to my Rob thread girls! Hi hugable and nilla! :hugs:nilla, I didn't know you were so emo back in the day. LOL! :lolots:

Please shoot me if your ever, ever, ever find me in a maxi dress. I don't think I will ever change my mind on that one.
LOL!!!!!!!! I can't do maxis either. Someone needs to shoot me, too if I'm ever donning it. :lol:

Mark my words. I will NEVER EVER try on a pair of crocs no matter what!!
LMAO, I am right there with you. :ghi5:

Last edited:
Here are some of mine that I haven't seen here (I'm quite strange, I suppose!)... actually, I'm still not sure about these:

Crops
Peep-toe shoes

I don't know why those two things always bothered me so much. I still don't own a pair of crops or peep toes, but I do think they are pretty darn cute on some people. Just not on me! I hate my feet and would like to keep them covered as much as possible! lol. Another trend I just cannot get on the train of is the ankle bootie. Don't know why they irk me so much. But they are cute on a lot of girls! Sigh!