What was your first Bottega Veneta purchase?

Miss_FancyBags

Authenticator
O.G.
Sep 24, 2008
Hoping this isn't a duplicate thread:

I'm interested in hearing what everyone's first BV purchase ever was...

Mine was a small vintage caramel woven shoulder bag with the skinny shoulder straps that you could knot to adjust length and dark brown leather lining...I thought it was the softest, most luscious bag I'd ever felt before. She was so light on my shoulder! :love:

mine first purchase was a Baltic Iridescent Flap Over Credit Card Case.
I have had it for almost 3 years, use it every day, and it still makes me happy.
The color is just beautiful, it is getting so soft and wonderful. I just love it!!!!!!
Plus my friends gave me BV gift Certificates to purchase it with so it means even more to me because of that.

In the mid 90's, a medium size double flap ebano nappa woven shoulder bag.. had a flat leather strap and about 8" on each side of beautiful silver link hardware. Was very soft and hard to keep its shape, and I got rid of it about 4 years ago..Of course, I wish I had not!

Mine is the Ombre handheld tote. it's too small for me now but it's so special I can't let go :girlsigh:

393291387.jpg

My mother owned (probably still owns) a few vintage pieces, but she moved out of the country and took 'em all with her! :smile: My first pieces are from either 02 or 03. I don't remember what the name of this "baby blue" is/was, but I picked up a flap bag (w/ gold metal strap) with matching sandals, spring coat and a white one-piece.

Attachments

• DSC00151.JPG
    DSC00151.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 97
  • bv.jpg
    bv.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 108
My first is a nero braided handle satchel style with four slip pockets from what I believe is called the zig zag collection. It's a bit too small for everyday use but it's perfect for "functions". It stays on my shoulder securely allowing me to shake hands while holding a glass of wine and it doesn't "bump" into anyone when I'm in a crowd...KWIM? I think the year was 2006 and it was a Mother's Day gift from me to me purchased at NM. The "first" is always so special, isn't it?

A small vintage taupe woven bag with the skinny strap. After that is when I bought the fake Veneta. Being from such different eras I had no idea the Veneta was a fake for several months.