Alma Damier compare to Speedy??

summer6310

O.G.
Jul 21, 2009
Can someone do a comparison for the size of Alma with Speedy? Does it carry as much as Speedy 25 or 30? or maybe someone can show a "what's in my bag" of Alma? Thanks so much :smile:

I feel like the speedy is roomier. You can fit more inside it. I like the alma too but the shape of it I feel like is more tall and narrow. Both are gorg. But I'd go with the speedy

it depends a bit i think. are you talking before or after the fall 2010 redesign of the alma? i think prior to fall 2010, the regular alma was a little larger than it is now, but i don't know if it was larger than the speedy 30.

It depends on what sort of look you're after. Alma tends to be more dressy, while Speedy is more casual. My mom has an Alma and I have a Speedy 30. My Speedy is definitely roomier than her Alma. But we swap a lot. When travelling she likes to borrow my Speedy. I've borrowed her Alma a few times to go out for a dinner. I even carried her Alma once to a job interview.

Hope it helps. Enjoy your shopping!

It depends on what sort of look you're after. Alma tends to be more dressy, while Speedy is more casual. My mom has an Alma and I have a Speedy 30. My Speedy is definitely roomier than her Alma. But we swap a lot. When travelling she likes to borrow my Speedy. I've borrowed her Alma a few times to go out for a dinner. I even carried her Alma once to a job interview.

Hope it helps. Enjoy your shopping!

thanks guys! I actually already have Speedy 30 and used to have Speedy 25. I'm a speedy girl! Recently I become interested in Alma, maybe as i grow older, my taste becomes more dressy... well not too dressy that's out of my comfort zone :smile:

Seriously thinking about getting an Alma now!!!

it depends a bit i think. are you talking before or after the fall 2010 redesign of the alma? i think prior to fall 2010, the regular alma was a little larger than it is now, but i don't know if it was larger than the speedy 30.

Really... no wonder the other day when I saw the regular Alma in store I was surprised that it was smaller than I thought!!! I do think the regular one looks a tiny bit too small now(from the look) and the Alma mm is just too huge for what I need.

I debated this myself last year, I was choosing between the Damier Alma, Speedy and Ribera. The Alma I saw in the Boutique (the one on display) had a deep scratch along the base, I know its the bottom and technically you would never see it, but the thought that it could happen just put me off Almas forever! The solid coloured base would just be a magnet for damage. I ended up with the Ribera (love it!) but the Damier Speedy came a very close second. Good luck with your decision! :smile: