Books & Music Any Romance book readers here on tPF

I use to read the a lot! My faves are:

Lisa Kleypas
Gaelen Foley
Nora Roberts
Julie Garwood
Stephanie Laurens
Shannon Drake (her civil war series were great)
Suzanne Brockmann (Navy Seals series is awesome!)

Many people are ashamed to say they read them (case of some of the cover are LOL), but with all these new erotica books, these books are like nursery school books.

I am an avid romance novel reader!! Your comment hit home though! Two years ago I went on an interview, when we were wrapping up the guy who was interviewing me asked me about what I like to do in my spare time. I said : read romance novels. He gave me a wierd look....and never called back lol. I am guilty of hiding my cover on the train also hehe....I have learned that with time the ppl that understand me don't judge me. There are some really good romance novels out there....beautiful stories, beautiful characters, beautiful emotions ...I have caught myself numerous times tearing up, crying and getting goose bumps from certain scenes :graucho:

Also, I can't believe\Hannah Howell isn't mentioned! Thanks OP for starting this thread :smile:

^^I agree with you! I used to be ashamed to let people know what I read. Now I just don't care. People can get over whatever their problem is with me reading a romance novel. And I still read Harlequins, etc. every once in a while because I just want to read a short story that doesn't require too much thinking.

Many people are ashamed to say they read them (case of some of the cover are LOL)
I'm not normally a romance novel fan, but an old boss gave me a copy of Dark Prince by Christine Feehan and I became obsessed with "The Dark" series. I was at Borders one day, looked Feehan up and was a little mortified that I was in the romance section. A friend is going to give me some more romance novels since I could 'handle' Feehan.

^^LOL! My best friend never walks with me in the bookstore. I always go through the romance section and she gets embarrassed by it. So we part ways when we enter the store until I am ready to check out and look for her :P

I used to be madly in Love with Zane's books!!! 0MG!
But I have now fell in love with
Noire
Kia Dupree

0mg!! They have they best books ever I would suggest for anyone to read Kia Dupree's new book Damaged!! I read it in One Night. If you have a kindle or Nook I can let you borrow it!!
Plus I LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! G SPOT BY Noire I read that in 5 hours thats how good that book was!! Like Seriously!!!

I need some more good books??

I am currently reading Secrets of a summer night by Lisa Kleypas. Liking it so far! I forgot that I had it...randomly found it and started reading last night and well into the wee hours! :P

I am currently reading Secrets of a summer night by Lisa Kleypas. Liking it so far! I forgot that I had it...randomly found it and started reading last night and well into the wee hours! :P

Love her stuff. Have you read other stuff by her? i don't want to recommend any you've already read lol

Lisa's older books are great.

I'm currently reading 3 different books. I will do a review in the review section.

When I get to a slump in the book, I tend to start reading another and then go back and finish the other. LOL

Active book: Karen Hawkins, Much Ado About Marriage.

I get SO excited when I find a romance novel that I forgot I had lol. You guys are probably this way too but I think it's bc I go through them so fast when I find more it's like wooo!! Don't have to go to the bookstore today! lol