Got my first Chanel!... Not sure if I want to exchange... Suggestions?

xtc_angel

Dec 6, 2005
I just bought my first Chanel today. It's the Black Classic Bag with Flap. Lambskin with tons of small holes...not sure what that line is called but I was told it is the 2007 collection.

I'm thinking of exchanging it for just a regular lambskin no holes Classic Flap. Or the Cavair Classic Flap.

Sooo frustrating!

P.S. I'm new to the forum, but have been reading the thread on a daily basis. My keyboard on my laptop isn't working properly so I hardly use the internet at home.

Thanks!!!!! :smile:

How do you feel about the bag you got? I think if you're questioning yourself about exchanging it, then you're not totally satisfied with it. Find something that you MUST HAVE, something that doesnt make you think twice, and that's what you should exchange it for.

I think the perforations line is a great line and the flap is very modernized but the classic will always be classic :yes:

I was looking at the Caviar, but found the leather to be quite stiff. The regular lambskin was so soft. I'm afraid it might get scratched...I'm very clumsy. I was undecided between the two. The SA told me the perforated (thanks for the correct word Smoothoprter) will not scratch and is for everyday use. So I was sort of sold about that thought.

I just bought my first classic flap too:smile: I bought the black cavier with silver hardware. I too LOVE the look of the lambskin, but I am hoping to have this bag forever and for it to be able to handle a lot of wear and tear. The SA who helped me told me to go for the caviar and showed me a scratched up lambskin bag that was on display. That sold me on the caviar. I am also young (26) and as careful as I may try to be with bags . . . bad things happen! However, I hope to get lambskin for a "later on in my collection" bag when the $$ doesn't matter quite as much if something were to happen to the lambskin . . . that is my two cents, but get what YOU love!

I would personally go for the classic flap for the long term durability. somehow the perforated bags dun really appeal to me..

why dun u go and see the classic flaps in the boutiques and try them out and if you feel like they suit u more, you could exchange it. :heart:

I'm going to call my SA to see if I can exchange for a Caviar instead. I love lambskin, but i'm scared of scratching it.

My receipt says no cash refunds though. Just store credit for returns.

Oh no. The SA told me they only have the display bag for the Black Caviar. They won't get their next shipment until after February 1 with the price increase. She's going to check if they have lambskin.