Anyone know for sure if USPS Express Intl is accepted by Paypal?

Miss H

O.G.
Aug 8, 2006
I am sorry for asking this question again if this topic has been well covered before.
I've been reading old threads and can't seem to find the answer to my question.

I just won a SNAD item claim and Paypal asked me to return the item with signature confirmation. It is a very expensive item and the seller is international so I am not sure which shipping carrier is best. I always follow people advices here and always ship my international packages via USPS Express mail; but I noticed that although there is tracking info online, there is no signature shown online for USPS Express mail. So is it an official shipping method that is accepted by Paypal if the recepient turned around and claim INR?

I mean, since Paypal require signature as proof and there is none online, is USPS Express international still valid then?

I just checked some rates with Fedex, and it will cost me over $200 to ship the item back. :sweatdrop:
And even if I will have to ship Fedex, anybody can confirm that Fedex international will show the signature online? I've never shipped or received any international package via Fedex ever, so I have no idea.

I did called Paypal and asked but all they could tell me is: I need to ship with a shipping method that provide online tracking and signature. They would not confirm if USPS Express international is ok or not.

Thank you for all your help.

Go to USPS.com and fill out the postage there. When you fill it out, the check mark box is there when you click "add Extra Services". Mine have always been filled in but I ship with insurance.

On the Paypal page, it does not indicate if a signature is going to be requested.

At least on USPS.com, you know the box is filled in.

And you can add the insurance right there on the site, for most places. Custosm forms get filled out too.

Thank you for your answer. I do know that USPS Express international shipment require signature at delivery; BUT their online tracking doesn't show who sign for it. They only show that the package has been delivered.

So my question is: is this still valid for Paypal in case the recipient claim INR?
I've read more threads and it is still not confirmed anywhere. All we know is that Express international require signature.

In my experience (I have had three SNADs), just as long as your package shows as delivered you will be refunded.

I just sent something Intl Mail. I had to go to the Post Office to fill out a form for signature confirmation. The box that you can check for signature confirmation via the Paypal/USPS website did not work for me. HTH!

Ohhh! Thank you for sharing your experiences. That is a very good new. I am considering shipping the package back to seller via Express then since Fedex is way too expensive!

If others have had similar experience before, please do share.

Go to USPS.com and fill out the postage there. When you fill it out, the check mark box is there when you click "add Extra Services". Mine have always been filled in but I ship with insurance.

On the Paypal page, it does not indicate if a signature is going to be requested.

At least on USPS.com, you know the box is filled in.

And you can add the insurance right there on the site, for most places. Custosm forms get filled out too.

Thanks for this info. And with this the signature (who signed for the package upon delivery) will show up on the tracking? And not just said Delivered? One of the reason I stopped selling outside the USA for item worth $250 and more is becasue of this issue, that printing label on line did not give the option of Signature showed on line (Yes, I know Express Mail International will required the receipent to sign for it but it did not show-only showed Delivered.