what's the best water bottle to carry in your bag?

rendodan110

Danielle
O.G.
Oct 9, 2007
I have mostly aluminum water bottles, but with all the condensation they produce on the outside it doesnt seem like a good idea to have them in my Speedy.
So I would like to know what water bottle you carry and why?

what size you think is best?

and if you use aluminum how do you deal with the condensation?

TIA

To deal with the condensation, I don't fill it up with cold water. It's nice having that refreshing feeling, but I like being able to put it in my bag. Plus the water ain't staying cold forever.

DH takes a thermos of tea and a stainless steel bottle of milk plus one of water to work every day, and they always leak.

He has a plastic lined lunch tote and I wash it out every day with an all-natural vegan cleaner because I figure that won't poison him like a chemical one might.

So I don't carry liquids in any of my bags and especially I won't when I finally get my LV!

If I really have to take drinks/lunch I use an Envirosax separately from my handbag.

If the water is really cold, you're going to have condensation issues on a aluminum or plastic bottle. I have a few sizes of Sigg aluminum bottles and I've only have 1 leak, because I didn't screw the bottle top on all the way. I don't use very cold water, so condensation hasn't been an issue for me.

Yep, Sigg bottles are aluminium, if I'm not mistaken.

Condensation problems will occur with all bottles, aluminium or plastic, if you're carrying cold water in them, though. If your concern is about going from a cold place to a warm place and having the aluminium be too cold (and hence causing the condensation in the warm place), though, maybe a plastic bottle might be better?

Nalgene makes great plastic water bottles, though as with all water bottles, my main concern would be screwing the cap tightly enough!!

I've used Sigg bottles but they've leaked on me (too much in a rush I suppose) plus they dent quite easily in my experience. The bottle that works best for me is Lock & Lock - I have several of their sports/water bottles in various sizes and they are all truly leak-proof. Plus they really weigh nothing. I hope this helps.

there is a great water bottle by Thermos and you can buy it at Target, it has two layers (aluminum) so you can place cold water and the condensation leaks out to the outer layer so that it will never form outside of the container. it is awesome and keeps the water cold for about 6 hours (from my experience). here is a link to it: http://www.target.com/Thermos-Intak...om_size-bin,target_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

there is a great water bottle by Thermos and you can buy it at Target, it has two layers (aluminum) so you can place cold water and the condensation leaks out to the outer layer so that it will never form outside of the container. it is awesome and keeps the water cold for about 6 hours (from my experience). here is a link to it: http://www.target.com/Thermos-Intak...om_size-bin,target_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

Wow that looks like a great one, I'm going to stop by target and check it out!!! Thanks
:yahoo:

I never place water bottles in my bag... If I want water I carry it in my hand..

Now if you must... it really does not matter which bottle you use as long as it does not leak and most are very good.