Need help deciding between....

Please help me decide.....??

• Mono Montorgueil GM (just purchased)

• Mono Galliera PM (would need to purchase)

• Keep both and don't open your credit card bill!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 28, 2009
Montorgueil GM and Galliera PM.

I love both of these bags for different reasons...I have the Monty right now but have not used it yet. Just couldn't make the committment right away. I only have 7 more days for refund. As much as I love the simple style of it, zipper, roomy, lightweight etc...I am not convinced it is going to be that comfortable used as a shoulder bag long term...and that is what I am looking for. Can anyone that has one comment on this?

I have always loved the Galliera but felt it might be too fancy for me.?
But, I love it and it is my favorite LV. I know it is super comfy on the shoulder and just a little more expensive than the monty. If I can find one I could purchase this one instead. Better long term investment?

I just can't make a decision - would love to keep both but finances say PICK ONE!!!! Would love to hear from any of you that have either/both of these bags :biggrin: Thanks so much!

Last edited:
Sounds like you're a bit hesitant about the Monty, so I say go with the one you really love - Galliera.

I guess I'm hesitating because I don't want to return the monty and regret it. I like how the monty is more casual and has a zipper w/lock. I think it is a very classy bag. I just cannot do hand carry and I will not buy bags that are not comfortable on the shoulder no matter how much I love how they look. So, I would not know for sure until I carried it for a while.

You seem to like mono - what about a compromise and get the Thames GM in mono? Same plate as the Galliera, same single strap, but with a zipper (and a little more structured, but not overly so).

I have a Monty PM, which I think may have slightly shorter straps than the GM. I would categorize it pretty much the same as any other bag with two straps and short/medium drop length. It's okay on the shoulder, but not something you just throw onto your shoulder and forget. If that is what you want, I'd suggest the Galliera. Maybe it would help to go back to the store with your Monty along, and re-try the Galliera and compare the two against each other. If you can find a Galliera anywhere, that is!

You seem to like mono - what about a compromise and get the Thames GM in mono? Same plate as the Galliera, same single strap, but with a zipper (and a little more structured, but not overly so).

I agree with Lorianna. I owned the Monty, but sold it because it was not comfortable as a shoulder bag. The Galleria wasn't for me so I went with the Thames GM and never looked back. Maybe you can try it on as an option?

Good luck!

I agree with Lorianna. I owned the Monty, but sold it because it was not comfortable as a shoulder bag. The Galleria wasn't for me so I went with the Thames GM and never looked back. Maybe you can try it on as an option?

Good luck!

I have to agree with this. I just recently got my Monty GM and while I love the bag the straps just are not long enough for me. I can barely get them on comfortable with my blouses, there's no way I am getting those straps over a winter coat. I am still up in the air about whether or not I am keeping it. I have not tried the galliera so I can't give advice on that one, but good luck in your decision.

I just checked this one out online and it looks really nice. You're right, it is kind of in between. My concern with that one is that I don't think it would be wide enough for all of my stuff. I will def go check out the clubhouse and see if there are any mod pics....thanks!