Optimist or pessimist?

maggie7

O.G.
Sep 8, 2006
It always amuses me how different people look at life and I think it affects how they deal with so many issues. My flamboyant, outgoing husband is funny enough a born pessimist, so is my son, not to mention my mother (who used to get very annoyed with my carefree attitude to the disasters she was sure was just waiting to happen...) My daughter, on the other hand, have inherited my "don't worry about it, it will probably be alright"-attitude.

Of course, most pessimists call themselves realists and look at anyone with a too positive outlook naïve...

So how about you, are the glass half-full or half-empty?

i've always thought of myself as a realistic idealist. hope for the best, prepare for the worst...that way you're pleasantly suprised when things turn out well. :smile:

i've always thought of myself as a realistic idealist. hope for the best, prepare for the worst...that way you're pleasantly suprised when things turn out well. :smile:

True! I want to think of myself as optimistic, and happy! loL! Nah, but when things go wrong, I still look to the bright side.

I am worried, always worried !!! so I guess I am a pessimist -w.humour-:smile:
I was raised that way, and it´s difficult to change your mind !
Always fear that I will be left alone, and lose my job, and be homeless, not able to have children..etc....ridiculous I know !:blush:

I'm def a glass HALF FULL gal. Unless you are starving to death on a dirt road or being tortured and killed for just a thought in your head or the color of your skin - you are doing okay.