Beware cl spotters!

Aug 19, 2010
BEWARE CL SPOTTERS! If you spot someone in "CL's" make sure that they're not Carmen Steffen

http://www.carmensteffensusa.com/store/Heels-c-297/

This girl has the EXACT color of red for some of the soles of her shoes. Some don't have the red sole, but ALOT do.

This is sad, seriously sad. You couldn't have been creative enough to actually be original? for once seriously. First Paris Hilton now this random designer? Wow...

Okay, so I had to google supah**d's real name because I thought this was her line. Turns out her names Karrin not Carmen Steffen, lol. doh moment.

you know honestly? i'm not super concerned with what other designers are doing or figuring out if someone i see wearing red soles is wearing fakes.

I mean, no offense...none of those even resemble cl styles. sure the red sole, but none of the shoe styles are exact or similar copies.

Her styles aren't really copying CL and CL wasn't the first to do the red sole either.

Agree with everything here.

Betcha she'll be getting a little cease and desist notice from CL. Regardless of what the shoes look like or how much they are, CL has an active trademark on glossy red soles on shoes and if he wants to keep it, he must "police the mark." That means any potential infringers must be contacted, told to stop, and sued if need be. I hope he does it!

I agree about losing the red sole, but you know what? If I were in the market for a less expensive pair, I might check some of these out. If the quality for price point is there...who knows. There are some cute styles on that website, IMO.

Betcha she'll be getting a little cease and desist notice from CL. Regardless of what the shoes look like or how much they are, CL has an active trademark on glossy red soles on shoes and if he wants to keep it, he must "police the mark." That means any potential infringers must be contacted, told to stop, and sued if need be. I hope he does it!

ITA! Wouldn't want to be her lawyer trying to make the argument that somehow their sole colors are different enough that it is not infringement. She probably could have gotten away with a different shade of red.