Chanel Questions

joie_claire

Dec 7, 2006
Hi,

I got the similar question like shoprgrl's. I am going to get my 1st Chanel before Feb 1st. I am new to Chanel an have reviewed many posts in this nice forum but cannot decide which one to get yet. I probabaly will chose one from the black classic flaps. I am really new to Chanel:shame: and really appreciate your advice.

1. What's the difference between Caviar and Reissue? The only thing I can see from the pics is that Caviar has the metal hardware chanel icon??

2. Which size of them is the best?

3. Is lambskin better than calf leather?

4. Will the gold hardware be easy to lost the color?

My goal is to get the most classic chanel bag as my first. I truly looking forward to your advice.:love:

Thanks!

Hi,

I got the similar question like shoprgrl's. I am going to get my 1st Chanel before Feb 1st. I am new to Chanel an have reviewed many posts in this nice forum but cannot decide which one to get yet. I probabaly will chose one from the black classic flaps. I am really new to Chanel:shame: and really appreciate your advice.

1. What's the difference between Caviar and Reissue? The only thing I can see from the pics is that Caviar has the metal hardware chanel icon??

I didn't see that they look the same. They are totally different from the material and lock-style.

I think Medium size with double chain is the best! Anyway, I love a thinner one with single chain.

I think it is a bit more easy to take care of lambskin than calf skin.

It is not easily faded of but It absolutely will.

My goal is to get the most classic chanel bag as my first. I truly looking forward to your advice.:love:

OK...go for a classic cavier flap with double chain. Nice, Classic and easy to take care of.

Thanks!

Anyway, personally I do like lambskin most. I don't like any leather that not smooth like cavier, alligator, snake, etc.

I think your question is between The Classic and The Re-Issue. The Classic has the CCs to open. The Re-Issue has a little turn (no CCs).

It depends on your lifestyle! I personally have medium and jumbo. And I love both. The small is too small for me! So for your first chanel, perhaps the medium is a good choice!

I wouldn't say better. They are different leathers -- such as lambskin, calf skin, deer skin, and caviar. Lambskin is super soft and requires a LOT of attention (it can get scratched with nothing). Caviar is the most durable. Calf skin is a little less needy, but it is still vulnerable.

I don't understand the color thing? What do you mean?

As far as I can tell, the other difference between Classic and Reissue is that Classic has leather woven into the chain strap, and Reissue is plain chain. I personally prefer Classic and will probably choose that for my graduation (!!!) present in November (will be first Chanel, as of now first high-end bag too.)

Thanks a lot to Vicky2007 and fr2nc1z!

Regarding "The color thing" , I mean if the gold hardware is easily faded or not. Probably the morden chain is more pretty...:rolleyes:

If you are in the mid-age , I would recommend you to go for the gold one.
If you are still in teenage - mid 30, I would recommended you to go for the silver one.

*** I don't like my bag with gold hardware. I don't know why???? ***

Looks like the ladies got most of the questions, as far as the gold thing I've seen old ones and they looked fine. I think its really just in how well you take care of it. Congrats!!!