Apart from Hermes bags, will you spend US3-7k on a non-Hermes bag?

actually the BV bags can be quite light and IMO they are very good quality - though of course you won't be able to take it back for a spa or repair generally.

AU CONTRAIRE! Bottega Veneta will do any and all repairs - they will rebuild a ripped lining, reweave the exterior of the bag. They will replace or repair handles.

They will not clean. That's the ONLY thing they will not do.

My DM loved BV in the late 70s and 80s. These bags have seen 20-40 decades of hard living - and they have all needed and received repairs at various times in their lives.

I see an oldie but a goodie has been revived!

My answer is possibly.

If you'd asked me several years ago if I'd ever spend more than $3k on a bag I would have called you a liar. Hermes or not. But things change.

I think my answer is that I didn't buy Hermes because of the label, nor would I buy something because of the label. What that label stands for? Yes. Hermes equals quality, durability, longevity, classic style, timelessness, etc. And I like most of the designs.

If I find another bag I adore, then certainly I would even if it's not Hermes...as long as it's a design I like, it's well-made and what I consider a "classic."

I've bought other brands and still buy other brands - mostly under $2k. But if one pops up I adore, then yes. Since I am not an "it" bag kinda gal anyway, they don't pop up all that often.

I got lured into buying a Chanel Classic Caviar Jumbo with gold hardware the other day because of the upcoming price increase. Now I'm thinking...do I really need it since I have a 32cm Sellier BBKelly w/palladium hardware?!? Maybe I would like the Chanel with silver hardware? We'll see...

Maybe for BV but this brand does go on sale at the dept. stores and there are outlet stores. I have snagged some beauties at the end of season at Saks. Still saving up for my first cabat which I am told never goes on sale and is only sold in the boutiques.

To date, I have only crossed the $3K threshold with Hermes.

My friend took me to see the Fendi Peekaboo bag. Reminiscent of a kelly, but a bit more hip. I loved the bag. It's about 3k. I think better value than an Evelyne! So basically, around 3k or under, yes. Any higher, no.

I adore BV and I thought I would spend that $$ for a Cabat but, on second thought, no. I'd rather spend that money on H. Besides, the one or two BV bags on my wishlist are still below 3K.

I also have been thinking of a Chanel Caviar Jumbo in beige just because I think I should have one - already have a black - but again, I am reluctant.

I've never been much of a Chanel bag girl, anyway.

So, no, I guress I wouldn't unless it was H.

After I got into H, nothing can be compared. Not to sound snotty and no offense to anyone on the forum, but I was so very into LV at one time. After a few quality issues with the LV brand and my new love affair with H, I have not bought any other brands. Also, I sold some of my LV collection to help fund more H bags. Maybe, just maybe, I may consider buying something under $2,000 if I truly fall in love with and can't live without.

After I got into H, nothing can be compared. Not to sound snotty and no offense to anyone on the forum, but I was so very into LV at one time. After a few quality issues with the LV brand and my new love affair with H, I have not bought any other brands. Also, I sold some of my LV collection to help fund more H bags. Maybe, just maybe, I may consider buying something under $2,000 if I truly fall in love with and can't live without.

story of my life - look at my username! (^(oo)^)v

I have only spent that much on *one* non-Hermès item, a black croc Bottega Veneta bag, which I blame for shattering my price ceiling and leading me directly into the Land of Orange without a second thought!

So you see, this is really all BV's fault (^(oo)~)

I have spent $4k on Chanel, $4k on Nancy Gonzalez and about the same for BV. IMO, nothing compares with Hermes and in the future, that is where my money will be sent, though I did see a beauty...Loro Piani in Ostrich that caught my attention. Here is an article about possible price increases on Chanel:

thefashionspot.com/runway-news/news/104913-chanels-prices-to-increase

Last edited by a moderator: