Mahina size discontinuation?

Dec 11, 2006
I've been looking at Mahinas for a long time but for the price, have been waiting for the color that really "hits home." Black of course is a staple, but I found the perforations are hard to show up on the dark colors.

But I've been reading on this forum that all Mahina sizes except XXL are being discontinued? If that is the case, I do want a Mahina in L in one of the colors, rather than not at all.

However, I just called one of the NYC stores and they told me that L is still available and not discontinued, only that most colors were currently sold out. :confused1:

I am pretty sure the only color available in the L is going to be the black one. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure they stopped production on the other L colors and relaunched black with the new Stellar shape. I snatched up an L this time--the black is still just as gorgeous (if not more so) than the other colors IMO.

^^That's what I heard too. The colors were limited to begin with. I missed out on the Mahina L Cognac and found one of the last Mahina L Bordeaux bags in the US. It's too bad that they aren't producing the Mahina in other sizes or colors! I would've loved a Mahina L in Ciel and anthracite! You're best bet is to look for one on Ebay and have it authenticated here before buying. Good luck with your search!

^^LV Mommy - they do make the L in anthracite! I just ordered one yesterday and having it shipped to me from CA. Apparently there were only 2 left in the US, and both are in CA.

Uh oh! I just bought a Stellar PM Ciel and was debating the Mahina L Anthracite. I wonder if they will be coming out with new colors for the winter? Congratulations on the rare bag! :smile:

I hope that they are limiting production of the traditional L and XL right now to "push" the new styles. Maybe once the new styles have sold, then they will release more colors in L & XL? (This is just my hope and is not based on any info whatsoever.)

Uh oh! I just bought a Stellar PM Ciel and was debating the Mahina L Anthracite. I wonder if they will be coming out with new colors for the winter? Congratulations on the rare bag! :smile:

Thanks! I will def do a reveal when I get it. Hopefully tmr.

Since you managed to score a traditional shape Mahina already, I think Stellar in Ciel is a great choice. The Ciel is a pretty color too and really nice for summer (and beyond). I don't think Ciel is made in the regular Mahina shapes (although with all the confused information we all have, who knows anymore!)