Buyer sent package back without telling me

curlizm487

O.G.
May 24, 2010
I recently sold an item on eBay. As soon as the buyer received it, they immediately filed a SNAD, never messaged me or anything. I had won the item on eBay a few weeks prior to listing it myself, and had posted photos of it here on tPF for authentication before reselling. I got a thumbs up from most (one person wasn't 100% positive), and I can't see a single difference between mine and the one listed on the actual site.

They shipped it back to me with PayPal postage.
Does that mean that PayPal gave them the okay to ship it back to me, and that they found in favor of the buyer?

I had a buyer return something to me without notification. I did not have a clue until I got it back. As soon as the delivery confirmation told her it had been delivered, she sent me a message that it did not work out and to please refund. I think they can get away with it, but you can complain about it. Ebay and Paypal won't do anything, tho.

I agree with what others have said. Unfortunately, it really is a buyer's market these days. eBay/Paypal will side with the buyer, so you're best off just issuing a refund less your listing & shipping fees. I would, however, count your lucky stars that this buyer didn't take you for a nightmare ride instead of just being a jerk and shipping the item back to you without notice...

That's just crappy that they did that, I'm sorry. As far as your question, just because they printed the label from Paypal it doesn't mean that Paypal approved the return or anything. Anyone with a Paypal account can ship through them with multi-order shipping.

I contacted her, upset that she didn't even bother to send an e-mail with her problem or notify that she was shipping it back, and she just messaged and told me she was only trying to ship back as quickly as possible, so that I too, could get a refund from the seller I bought it from :rolleyes:

Oh well, the funds were being held by PayPal in the first place, so she'll just have to wait until they reverse it back to her. Nothing I can do

That's just crappy that they did that, I'm sorry. As far as your question, just because they printed the label from Paypal it doesn't mean that Paypal approved the return or anything. Anyone with a Paypal account can ship through them with multi-order shipping.

Thanks, I was thinking that since it had a PayPal label, it must've meant they ok'd the item to be sent back to me. I checked PayPal just now, and it hasn't even reached the 'marker' where PayPal says the item needs to be shipped back.

I contacted her, upset that she didn't even bother to send an e-mail with her problem or notify that she was shipping it back, and she just messaged and told me she was only trying to ship back as quickly as possible, so that I too, could get a refund from the seller I bought it from :rolleyes:

Oh well, the funds were being held by PayPal in the first place, so she'll just have to wait until they reverse it back to her. Nothing I can do

Um. How nice of her...?????