Indoctrination of the SO's to Hermes

Aug 27, 2006
I know this has been touched on in other threads, but I think my own situation (dating someone new with long term propects) has my head swimming about how I will introduce him to the world of Hermes. He has commented on my scarves ("you have the most amazing scarves") and jewelry (I love bracelets) and has seen me carrying my vermilion 31 cm bolide ("that is a beautiful color for you"). I have a sense he likes the finer things in life (cars are the tip off), but out of curiousity...how did you "indoctrinate" your S.O. in the world of Hermes...looking for helpful hints and also the little mis-steps you may have had along the way - and how you recovered (ever so gracefully I am certain!). Thank you in advance for sharing your pearls of wisdom.... HNE

It sounds like you are well on your way since he has noticed and appreciated your H items!
(My DH and I both fell under the Hermes spell at the same time so no indoctrination necessary. :shame:smile:

That is so sweet, crochetbella! :heart: He is noticing for sure...my fear is the leap to the six figure handbag...and knowing that my name is on the list for a birkin this year! Scarves seem like a simple indulgence when compared to a handbag! :hysteric:

Introduce him to the Mens line, buy him a tie here, a belt there, a walet maybe, or a bill holder, eww,... cufflinks.. Cigar holder/cuter, Office accessories, shirts, scarf, hat, zip file for work, a notepad,... so on and so on, allow him to fall for the company himself, then bring him with you when you have him half way pulled in, then boom! He should be Herme-sided! Call it Hermes in training! It takes giving a little to get alot!!!

Truthfully? I just carried on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on until he finally gave in. He appreciates fine quality, so it wasn't too bad in the end....

This is pretty much how I am handling it, too.
And plenty of (ahem) positive reinforcement (ahem) when he shows interest!

Truthfully? I just carried on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on until he finally gave in. He appreciates fine quality, so it wasn't too bad in the end....