Classic Eight Bag

UKDeb

May 17, 2010
Hi guys

I'm new to this forum and would appreciate a bit of help from the experts here. I have one of the original Eight bags in tan leather which I bought on holiday in Florida a long time ago. I've been scouring the internet for information - origins, production dates, articles - but I'm hitting a brick wall. I can't even find photos of the bag I own, even though I know it was "the" big thing when I bought it and cost me an arm and a leg! :biggrin:

ETA: I've tried to do a search, but it returns the response that "eight" is too common and to try another term.

Hi guys

I'm new to this forum and would appreciate a bit of help from the experts here. I have one of the original Eight bags in tan leather which I bought on holiday in Florida a long time ago. I've been scouring the internet for information - origins, production dates, articles - but I'm hitting a brick wall. I can't even find photos of the bag I own, even though I know it was "the" big thing when I bought it and cost me an arm and a leg! :biggrin:

ETA: I've tried to do a search, but it returns the response that "eight" is too common and to try another term.

Welcome to the TOD'S forum! Try the thread below.

http://forum.purseblog.com/tods-ref...us-new-eight-whats-the-difference-566203.html

Thanks, swan1 - that's the thread I did find. It only really tells me what I already know. I was hoping for some detailed history and maybe some general interest articles, such as celebrities who owned them when they were first released.