Help Fight Against Blood Diamonds in Style! Please read!!!

IAmMe

Nov 11, 2006
For those of you who have expressed interest in my cause "Donate for Darfur," I once again thank you (I am working on that project behind the scences and will update you once it's off the ground). I think it is extremely important, even on forums such as this, to never forget those that are less fortunate and to do whatever we can to help, whether it is our time, money, energy, etc. Our ability to afford or even considering purchasing bags from $50 - $2500 is the kind of money that could mean life or death for sometimes, an entire village of people. So please, remember that when we are making our purchases; that just as quick as we are to buy the latest we should feel equally as passionate about those in need.

So if you don't mind I'd like to share with you an email I got from lisyb.com in my inbox today. Basically, lisyb.com is running their own sort of aid program to help stop the purchase of blood diamonds (or conflict diamonds) in Africa. If any of you have seen the movie "Blood Diamond" with Leonardo DiCaprio recently, then you are well aware of some of what has been going in Africa for decades. According to Wikipedia.com a "blood diamond" is defined as, "(also called a conflict diamond or a war diamond) is a diamond mined in a war zone and sold, usually clandestinely, in order to finance an insurgent or invading army's war efforts." In the Congo, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Angola and Ivory Coast men, women and mainly children are forced to mine for these diamonds in horrible condition. Children in Sierra Leone, in particular, have had their arms and legs brutually chopped off in wars over these diamonds. The diamonds are then sold to companies (many of which are in Europe and the United States) in order to fuel their war agendas. By purchasing these diamonds, you are inadvertantly supporting wars, the war lords, and terrorism alike.

What you can do to help: you can go to lisyb.com and purchase their "Cheeky Brand T-Shirt" in support of fighting against blood diamonds. Also, you can go to websites like conflictfreediamond.com and legit purchase diamonds.
I have no affiliation with lisyb.com beyond the fact that I've shopped with them from time to time. I just think that what they are doing is so close to home for me and the project that I am working that the least I thought I could do was pass along the information. So please, pick up a t-shirt and support conflict free diamonds. I am-- or at the very least, shop at conflict free diamond websites and remember the 5 Cs: cut, color, clarity, carat and conflict free.

Thanks to those who took the time to read this and not obsess over a bag. I REALLY appreciate it.

Let's make change in 2007 (that's my new motto).