Betty White!

Look at those b&w pics of her!!! What a fox!!
I loved her on SNL and loved her on Golden Girls. I remember watching GG when I was young back in the 80's and my grandma couldn't understand why I'd want to watch a show about old ladies. Lol!
She is classic.

Look at those b&w pics of her!!! What a fox!!
I loved her on SNL and loved her on Golden Girls. I remember watching GG when I was young back in the 80's and my grandma couldn't understand why I'd want to watch a show about old ladies. Lol!
She is classic.

My DH once said "I can't believe I like a show about 4 old ladies!" The humor in that show was so classic.

^that's hilarious! Men did not like to admit liking that show, lol. When I think about it now, they were barely retirement age for the most part in that show, crazy! Rue was only like 51, Betty 63 when it began...

I saw her in person around 1998 in SF where she showed up for a senior event in Golden Gate Park (I was volunteering). She is the littlest person, probably not even 5 ft.

Her physical appearance and sense of comedic timing greatly reminds me of my late grandmother. I will be keeping the recording on my DVR for awhile whenever I feel like getting a "hug" from my grandma. ;)

I love love her! Glad others enjoyed the SNL episode and BW as much as the next!

She was great on SNL! We haven't watched it regularly for years but tuned in and thought the entire show was funny from start to finish. She also has great genes. In the past photos of her, she was already 59/60 in the 1982 pic!

Now that she’s single-handedly revived SNL out of its comedy coma, Betty White is getting offers up the wahzoo. She’s probably going to pass on most of them because she’s not 24 anymore, and she vowed she wouldn’t film in the back of moving vans after 70.

But surely she’s got whiff of a few opportunities that would let her continue to ride the surf and redefine the boundaries of age in the process, and we hope she doesn’t dismiss them too quickly. If anyone’s enjoying this Betty White resurrection, it’s us.

One of the offers we’re crossing our toes in hopes of Betty accepting is a dancing spot on
Dancing With The Stars. A show insider tells Rob Shuter of Popeater.com, “ ‘Dancing With The Stars' would love to have Betty White grace the dance floor next season. Not only would she guarantee great ratings, she would also make it easier for a lot of big celebrities -- who up to now have been sitting on the fence -- to sign on. There is no one bigger or more respected than Betty White." (That’s a little bit of a dig, but whatever. Surely the insider meant “other big celebrities like Betty White.”)

Yes, she’s still 88 (and a half!), but if you caught her on SNL you know homegirl isn’t afraid of the physical stuff as long as she does it… a little slower. So if she signs on to do “DWTS,” of course she’ll have some restrictions, and obviously her foxtrot would be more of a “caterpillar trot.” But if
Cloris Leachman was a contestant, a dancing Betty White should have happened already.

I think this is the page... http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=114874811884599&v=wall&ref=search

She hit such a home run with her “Saturday Night Live” performance that fans are campaigning to make Betty White the next host of the Oscars.

A massive effort involving over 12,000 members of the website Facebook has already gotten underway to catapult the 88-year-old actress to the position of Academy Awards host.

Over the weekend, Betty had the audience howling with her appearance on the late night sketch comedy show.

It was so popular that SNL nabbed the highest ratings they’ve had in 18 months. Producers are now looking at bringing another veteran actress- Carol Burnett- on the roster for next season.

Betty has been a fixture at our zoo for decades now. We are honoring her at our annual Beastly Ball next month (I'll be walking around the party with a hedgehog or something....) I am happy for her popularity revival but hope it doesn't diminish her presence at the zoo - she is always so cheerful and funny and loves our animals. I would miss her hanging around.

http://www.lazoo.org/beastlyball/index.html

Last edited: