I love shopping....

Clake76

Young Broke and Fab
Dec 10, 2006
I picked up two tasty treats from Saks this week -- a MiuMiu shirt and a pair of great Prada loafers. The shirt I love because of the fit -- it totally works with a pair of great jeans, blazer and the loafers...my version of business casual.

I am so excited for work next week to wear my new purchases.....:yahoo:

Attachments

• MiuMiuShirt.jpg
    MiuMiuShirt.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Prada Shoes_MiuMiuShirt.jpg
    Prada Shoes_MiuMiuShirt.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 53
  • PradaLoafer.jpg
    PradaLoafer.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 55
Love them! That shirt will look great on you--I didn't know Miu Miu had a clothing line (I'm so out of it). I like the simplicity of the Prada loafers. I hope they're comfy. You are going to look so sharp when you go to work!:yes:

Hi there!

I LOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEEEE shopping too!!! Getting out today to my local Saks, Neimans and Barneys and hoping to find *lots* of goodies too!!! Nice purchases you got! I wasn't aware Miu Miu had clothing either...

Enjoy wearing all your goodies this week! :P

and... Wish me luck in my shopping endeavors!!! :yes:

LOL just because we didn't know Miu Miu makes clothing? what can I say--I'm fashion-challenged. :shame: Do most of the bag designers have clothing lines?
haha, that's all right. a lot of people don't know! i didn't mean it in a mean way or anything. but honestly, i think miu miu really is foremost a fashion label than a handbag label.....

and also about other labels, it really depends. not all do , but if you want to make a little list i can tell you yes or no..... :P

No offense taken, Brian. I'm probably one of the few members here who just cares about bags, not into fashionable clothing (but I love seeing great clothes on others, like Clake's shirt and shoes; just not for myself).

Of course I know Chanel, Dior, YSL, Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Bottega Veneta have clothing lines. I think Prada does, too?

Gucci, Fendi, Balenciaga--how about those? I sincerely don't know. I'm open to learning from the more informed members here.:yes:

Thanks and Happy New Year!

It just came to me--Balenciaga is known for beautiful gowns, right? Like on the red carpet awards events.

gucci, fendi and balenciaga definitely do rtw.

balenciaga is formost known for that. cristobal balenciaga began his couture house in the late 1930s and he was also very innovative focusing more on letting the fabric of a garment speak for itself with really little structure (unlike dior whose gowns and things had whole infrastructures going on underneath...corsets,boning,padding,etc)....

gucci started in the 1920s as a saddle maker and is definitely more known for their leather goods, until tom ford came along in 1996 and the rtw became popular.

fendi is really famous for its furs, and karl lagerfeld has been designing for the house since the mid 60s.

Thanks, Brian. It's funny that I have heard of Tom Ford and Karl Lagerfeld, but didn't know they are or were associated with certain fashion houses. You're very knowledgeable :supacool: and I appreciate your willingness to share that; and not just think I'm a hopeless dork (well, I am a bit). I admit when I don't know something and I love to learn.

Great way to start the New Year! Members like you make tPF a nice place.:yes:

Clake: I apologize for hijacking your thread. It was the Miu Miu shirt that started it LOL!

What great purchases! Thank You for sharing it with us. I look forward to seeing your ink men's weekender in the balenciaga subforum...( i'm a balenciaga fanatic myself and I'm always in that subforum and remembered your thread). Can't wait!!!!