Sparticus Blood & Sand on Starz

Vegas Long Legs

Traveler
Nov 13, 2006
Is anyone else watching this? If you liked Rome on HBO, you will probably like this. Lots more nudity & violence. And hot Gladiators!

BTW When I called Direct TV to order it, they gave me a 3 mo trial period of Starz for free.

LOTSA, LOTSA, LOTSA, nudity, Penii's, A$$, and gratuitous sex....I was watching it one day and then the scene started with Lucy Lawless and her Hubbie in the bath with the slaves and I was like, Oh my goodness!!!!! What is he doing??????

I heard Rome was much better.

They use the same cinematography from 300, the movie....so the sets are more 3D.

My husband and I both watch this show......he......for the T&A......me, for the history, and relationships.....and, of course, b/c the main Actor is adorable!! I can't believe the Actor who plays Spartacus has the same type of Cancer as Dexter. I heard they aren't doing a second season for that reason. Anybody hear anything to the contrary?

:roflmfao: ^^^

Was watching the one where Spartacus is making it with the 'proper Roman Woman' & DH walks through the room & says "VLL! What are you watching?!"
Have watched this one several times, lol.

I love the wording these people use. Need to jot things down & work them into my discussions with friends & clients. lol

Spartacus & Dexter are my 2 favorite characters. Can't believe they are both suffering from a curable lymphoma.

I dont' catch every episode...so he had sex with the woman AFTER or BEFORE his wife's death???

Doesn't L. Lawless (character name) slave (brownish laddy) look like Thandie Newton??? They could be sisters...This is the one who was in love with the other gladiator who L.L was try to get to impregnate her.

^^he had sex after his wife and it look like a good ole roll in the hay!
the second season wasn't cancelled it's been delayed while he gets treatment...apparently they caught it really early.

I read Andy Whitfield has Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma :sad: I hope he recovers! First Michael C. Hall in Dexter (best series EVER!) with Hodgkin's lymphoma, and now Andy Whitfield :sad: I forgot which is the "better" more treatable form of Hodgkin's but at least they caught it early in both actors!

From EW:

Spartacus Star Diagnosed with Cancer: Starz has been anxious to get underway on the second season of Spartacus: Blood and Sand (even renewing the series before it premiered), but the network may have to wait a little longer. Star Andy Whitfield has been diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin lymphoma and will begin treatment immediately, pushing back the start of production, which was set to begin in just a few weeks. Between Whitfield’s diagnosis and the Hodgkin’s lymphoma that Michael C. Hall has battled, it’s a scary season for pay-cable leads. Get well soon, guys! [EW]

The first couple episodes were so cheesy, but now, at episode 6, we're getting into it! It really does get better and better! One forum called him "Hotticus" which is hysterical! I love me some Lucy Lawless too....loved her in Xena!

Last edited:
OM Goodnness! I finally got to see this....Yep, he was having a good ol time!! Until he realized who it was.... and oh my goodness, I couldn't believe when she killed the girl!!!!

^^he had sex after his wife and it look like a good ole roll in the hay!
the second season wasn't cancelled it's been delayed while he gets treatment...apparently they caught it really early.