Angel Eyes or Angel's Delight?

Miss Kris

Jan 23, 2009
Hi everyone! I know I have been posting quite a few questions here lately and I thank you all for the great advice you have been giving! I recently bought a 6 mth old silver chinchilla Persian kitten. She is beautiful, but gets those brown/reddish tear stains by her eyes. I wipe them each day with special solution, but it never fully removes the stain. I have been looking at the products "Angel Eyes" and "Angel's Delight". I am going to ask my vet about it, but in the meantime, does anyone have anything negative or positive to say about either of them?

Angel Eyes has a low grade antibiotic in it which makes me nervous, since antibiotics kill both the good and bad bacteria. I don't know if that's a good thing to risk for "kitty cosmetics". Also, I believe Angel Eyes was outlawed in England which also scares me. Angel's Delight is supposed to be all natural without antibiotic, but I don't know much else. Does anyone know if either of these products are safe, and if they are, do they work well?

Thank you for your help!!

Here are the links to the products:

Angel Eyes: http://www.angelseyesonline.com/

Angel's Delight: http://bichonhotel.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13

Hi Kris

I have tried both with success with my dogs.

I used to use Angels Eyes years ago even though I knew it had an antibiotic. I did feel guilty but at the time there was nothing else out there.

I now use Angels Delight and am guilt free ;)

Pros Vs cons

AD takes about a week longer to work than AE

AD is legal

AE tastes really bad

My dogs will eat AD if I spill it on the floor

AD is actually good for your pet and helps with other stuff

AD can be used constantly, even when they are giving milk

AE is cheaper

Hope this helps.

Personally I would never go back to using antibiotics for staining now that there are safer alternatives

Hi Kris

I have tried both with success with my dogs.

I used to use Angels Eyes years ago even though I knew it had an antibiotic. I did feel guilty but at the time there was nothing else out there.

I now use Angels Delight and am guilt free ;)

Pros Vs cons

AD takes about a week longer to work than AE

AD is legal

AE tastes really bad

My dogs will eat AD if I spill it on the floor

AD is actually good for your pet and helps with other stuff

AD can be used constantly, even when they are giving milk

AE is cheaper

Hope this helps.

Personally I would never go back to using antibiotics for staining now that there are safer alternatives

Thanks!! Do you know if AD is available in the US? I keep finding it on UK sites but can't seem to find it in the US. I would much rpefer the natural method. I like that it is a nutritional supplement as well. Thanks again!

Thanks!! Do you know if AD is available in the US? I keep finding it on UK sites but can't seem to find it in the US. I would much rpefer the natural method. I like that it is a nutritional supplement as well. Thanks again!

Bolognese of Phoenix sell it

http://bologneseofphoenix.com/shop/index.php?categoryID=82

It aint cheap but it gets MUCH cheaper in time as the dose levels become smaller and you will probably eventually need half a tea spoon once a fortnight.

Let us know how you get on.