Chanel Sample Sale NYC

Why should Chanel let every Smith and Doe coming to their sample sale? the world is not fair and if that's how chanel wants to play it, I am alright with it.

I once bought a bag from a seller whom I believe has access to these type of sample sale because her bag comes with the paper tag that indicates it's clearly a sample!!!!

[I do agree but give the clothes away entirely then to these special people!! QUOTE=NYCavalier;14752375]It better be exclusive :roflmfao:! Or else why are we paying $3000+?????[/QUOTE]

This sample sale idea makes sense to me though. It is not like Chanel is really looking to sell those bags for $100 for the $$. But think about it... everyone invited could more than likely purchase anything full prices at the boutique. This sample sale gives Chanel the chance to get editors and big-wigs to come in and get Chanel merch they would not otherwise have. Then, they go walk around, go to the fashion shows, show up in our tabloids.. and we want the bag the person is wearing and are okay with (well, I shouldn't say okay, but we are used to) the $3000+ price tag.

I have a friend that worked at Chanel for a little while and it is true and the prices are cheap, like $50-60 for shoes. However keep in mind these are actual samples so there are not size runs and everything has been tried on several times or worn to events or been on photo shoots. It's pretty much used merchandise.

I know but my point is have the people over for a sample giving away. Why bother with the $100 ;)

because when you give something away for free, it doesn't mean anything and people start grabbing... but even if it's marked to $100 which is cheap for anything Chanel, people will think a little more and won't just grab meaninglessly

i get it. it's just mindboggling, even if you are aware and even understand why it exists as such :smile:

because when you give something away for free, it doesn't mean anything and people start grabbing... but even if it's marked to $100 which is cheap for anything Chanel, people will think a little more and won't just grab meaninglessly

I don't mind Chanel giving away those samples to fashion editors, buyers and stylists. After all, these people have done Chanel a huge favour by picking on certain of their merchandises and feature them in their magazines or clients or telling Chanel which merchandise works and which doesn't (i.e. the buyers). These sample sales IMHO should remain exclusive and should not be open to the public. There are plenty of sale the public can go to anyway. And honestly if we only want to pay $50 for a bag, perhaps Chanel is not the brand for us.