Calling all Roxanne lovers!!!

I have only just got my lovely black Roxy but as a city lawyer :P I use both my Roxy and Bays for work - it just makes me feel glam! (Don't worry I'm not offended, I do like to bring the Elle Woods effect to my adored career!!!) They are both really great work bags - highly recommended!

I have Oak & Choc and fall in and out of love passionately with them. Oak is actually my second one and as she has the longer straps she is easier to carry. If I find a fabulous grained perfect pre-loved or new Black one I may go for it as they are being discontinued.

There is being forward thinking and throwing the baby out with the bath water. I think Mulberry are doing the latter. There must be a way they can update the image in the way Bayswaters are updated with new leathers/patterns etc.

Am I the only one who would have loved an Ink Blue Roxy this season , in NVT or Goatskin?

How versatile would that have been?

Oohhh now that would be fab Corries! I'd love to see the Roxy in the new gingerbread buffalo leather, umm sumptuous! Right, I think we ought to send a well worded e-mail to those peeps at mulberry HQ!!! :graucho:

I have Oak & Choc and fall in and out of love passionately with them. Oak is actually my second one and as she has the longer straps she is easier to carry. If I find a fabulous grained perfect pre-loved or new Black one I may go for it as they are being discontinued.

There is being forward thinking and throwing the baby out with the bath water. I think Mulberry are doing the latter. There must be a way they can update the image in the way Bayswaters are updated with new leathers/patterns etc.

Am I the only one who would have loved an Ink Blue Roxy this season , in NVT or Goatskin?

How versatile would that have been?

I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the idea of discontinuing (although it does mean mine will keep its value if I look after it!)

I always prefer the icons and I'm not that keen on the majority of the new bags. However, they do say sales are rapidly increasing so maybe us more traditional buyers are being pushed aside?

Looks absolute fine to me!!

My first Mulberry was my choc Roxy, and I use it ALOT for work - not sure if you can remember the thread re what you could carry in it (remember I embarrassingly had a Pot Noodle in it that day!) but it can hold a ton!!

That's really funny! in fact, I had a pot noodle in mine last week - but an upmarket version, of course, 'it's not just flavourless cheap junk food, it's M&S flavourless junk food' - and it fits all the rest of my work stuff in it too, plus dog food, note books, sketch book and pencils, umbrella and all the usual crap.

I did want a longer strap for it, and I found an old discussion here about getting a replacement strap for a Rosemary from Mulberry's repairs department. I was even prepared to pay the outrageous price, too, but Mulberry wouldn't sell me a strap without seeing my bag (which I'd said was a Rosemary, as discussed). It seems a bit nuts to me that they're so precious about their designs... Now that the weather's better, though, and I'm not wearing my tweed winter coat, I can fit the straps over my shoulder quite comfortably.

Oohhh now that would be fab Corries! I'd love to see the Roxy in the new gingerbread buffalo leather, umm sumptuous! Right, I think we ought to send a well worded e-mail to those peeps at mulberry HQ!!! :graucho:

I saw Gingerbread Nappa leather the other day SL. The SA and I just stood stroking this poor Daria satchel until the manager took it off us. I don't like fringes but these ones were as soft as thistledown.

Late to this thread but just have to say Roxy rocks. I have two, purple coated canvas (which a lot of people do not like) but which has done a sterling job over the winter without having to worry about rain, snow etc and which has had loads of compliments, the last one today from a new lady at work.

Oak Roxy for better weather.

Unfortunately I am unable to fit the bag on my shoulder comfortably but I do prefer a hand held or crock of the arm bag and Roxy fits the bill just right. :biggrin:

:lolots:I did the exact same thing with the gingerbread Hayden last Fri! J'adore the Nappa & Lambskin leathers, oh so soft! I feel a purchase coming on! ..and yes the fringes are a no, no for me too, too eighties I feel! xoxo

Evening ladies! Just home from work....
Thanks for all your replies AND pics!

Ells - I thought you liked your roxys, I remember your stunning one at Bicester. What colours do you have? And which are your favourites/most used? Thanks for pointing out they hold their value - I guess that will continue to be the case when they stop production. I am thinking black for work but then oak could be good too, though not for work :graucho:......a girl can change her mind!! Interesting about the hardware. Do you think the current new ones have bright hardware or are they ok?

Sarah Lizzie - WOW your roxy is amazing!! It looks so well loved, & very personal to you with its unusual grain. Thanks for those great pics. We so often see new bags on tpf, of course, so it's fab to see a broken in one! You definitely need an oak one now :nuts:

Tiree - I guess the colours are a personal choice, but I'm glad you found your choc darwin roxy in the end

Bagmad - rosie is a fab little bag, but quite small. I hope you find one as I love mine!

EllieMay - your oak roxy looks good to me, though I'm no expert. I think you've got the Mulberry bug!

IWANB - thanks for the support/enabling!

Lady F - glad your roxy is a trusty workhorse

Slowhand - thanks for your photo! I was hoping you'd pop by as I know you're a big roxy fan :nuts: Yours looks totally fab & what an amazing price!!!!!

Elvis - you have 2 black roxys?????:faint:

Hula - thanks for the enabling!!! Your plum roxy sounds gorgeous!

Klp - thanks for saying it would suit me! But sorry you didn't get on with yours. Maybe nvt wouldv'e been lighter?

Samiy - yay another choc rox fan!!

Gemmalouise - I didn't mean to offend!! I'm sure you look great with both black bays & black rox, another vote here

Corries - another fan? I agree ink rox would be yummy! I also agree about Mulberry being shortsighted discontinuing the rox, I hope they don't forget the traditional Mulberry styles & leathers.

stanny - another fan! The purple sounds fun!!

Time for me to start searching maybe.......

Geeky American with a plum glace Roxy. Love this bag- comfy on the shoulder and crook of the arm. Casual, edgy and business with and edge. Yep, I love it!

....and of course we have not heard from Croxley & Teddies yet.....the Queens of this subject.

Dear Blueberry

IMHO - I think you must go for the colour that makes your heart sing:

I think Oak that is regularly collonilled acquires a patina that is pretty damn tough. I know (i really know) the panic re keeping bags perfect and so, yes, black would be an easier choice. The hardware on current bags is back to antique brass (thank the gods) so thats good news.

Ill ponder my faves - I think my sheepskin womble is good for cuddling!

Ells xx

I owe so many photos Miss M. Ive promised them for soooo long Im sure the girls might think they are my imaginary friends.

Ill get the photos underway once the work situation. Appeal pending but realistically the union have said we should regard that as setting the scene for a Tribunal - I still cannot believe that this has happened but so be it...........Im prepared to defend myself to the bitter end. End of Rant.

Whats everyone up to today?

Another roxy lover here! I have an olive roxy and waiting on an oak roxy , which prob will arrive late next week!! Can't wait! I had to have one in the classic colour since it was actually the first Mulberry I was really noticing and craving:smile:

Go for it girl!