Calling all Roxanne lovers!!!

I owe so many photos Miss M. Ive promised them for soooo long Im sure the girls might think they are my imaginary friends.

Ill get the photos underway once the work situation. Appeal pending but realistically the union have said we should regard that as setting the scene for a Tribunal - I still cannot believe that this has happened but so be it...........Im prepared to defend myself to the bitter end. End of Rant.

Whats everyone up to today?
Glad you're trying to stay positive Ellie.
I have my first ever sports related injury so I'm quite proud of myself (anyone who's ever met me would tell you I'm not a likely candidate to ever suffer one). I've managed to pull the front of both thighs - can thankfully now walk again (I had my injury on Tuesday eve). I'm hobbling aroung work and walk a bit like a malfunctioning robot :biggrin:.

....and of course we have not heard from Croxley & Teddies yet.....the Queens of this subject.

Dear Blueberry

IMHO - I think you must go for the colour that makes your heart sing:

I think Oak that is regularly collonilled acquires a patina that is pretty damn tough. I know (i really know) the panic re keeping bags perfect and so, yes, black would be an easier choice. The hardware on current bags is back to antique brass (thank the gods) so thats good news.

Ill ponder my faves - I think my sheepskin womble is good for cuddling!

Ells xx

Morning Ells
I had forgotten about croxley & teddies - how could I?????!!!
Thanks for confirming the hardware colour, you are such an expert:smile:!

I'm intrigued which are your faves, & I too would love to see pics, never seen the sheepskin one for a start!

Hi ladies. Lovely to be thought of as a 'Queen' of Roxys but my collection is somewhat overshadowed by those of the legend that is Croxley. We haven't had an update on that count in a very long time either. I think every Mulberry girl should own one Roxy. My personal favourite is Chocolate. This is probably because she was the first one I bought. The darwin leather just keeps getting better and better and she withstands all weather conditions without suffering. I have had a problem with rivets on a couple of my bags and at the moment am suffering from a compulsion to keep checking them every few minutes when I'm using a Roxy. The older style bronze hardware is seemingly becoming harder to replace so it's good that the new ones have the traditional antique brass. My black one has the bright gold hardware and as Ells says it's very blingy. The leather is beautiful though and she is definitely a statement bag. I think I could probably find room for a back darwin with traditional hardware. She would be a great workhorse and withstand lots of use without suffering. I agree with Ells you have to buy whichever makes your heart leap. My trouble is often that the ones that make my heart leap aren't always practical.

Hi Teddies

You have an amazing collection of Roxys Teddies and I love that Choc remains your first love. Glossy & Rich are words for Darwin Choc - scrummy!

Good point re the rivets - this is a niggle...............do we know how the new NVT ones are doing?

I love all my Roxys:-
(most go unused as Im stupidly worried about using them, slowly weaning myself off that bad habit), here goes.............

Black Antique Glace Roxanne - robust, glossy, gorgeous
Black NVT Roxanne - classic perfection
Chocolate Darwin Roxanne - ditto
Chocolate Sheepskin Roxanne - my cuddly womble
Ginger Darwin Roxanne - a colour to die(t) for
Lipstick Antique Leather Roxanne - gunmetal with coral/pink is fab
Oak NVT Roxanne - THE Classic
Oak NVT Roxanne - THE Classic (spare version)
Oak Printed VT Roxanne - my bespoke "only one in the world" darling
Oak Python Roxanne - choc/black/oak shades in sheer luxury
Oak/Blonde/Ochre Darwin Whipstitch Roxanne - boho fun
Ochre Darwin Roxanne - late summer harvest colour
Off White Antique Glace Roxanne - unusual & slightly edgy
Olive Darwin Roxanne - twist on a classic
Pink Glove Roxanne - girly but not sugary
Plum Antique Glace Roxanne - to swooon over
Red Glove Roxanne - this is how to do red: luscious & classic
Verdigris Antique Glace Roxanne - almost ethereal & fairytale-ish
White Soft Tumbled Roxanne - crisp perfection
(19 to save you counting)

Ells xx

OMG Ellie you actually have more than Croxley don't you!? (Love your 'spare' Roxy lol)

I've been quiet on this thread since I'm useless (never bonded with Roxy) but good luck Blueberry!

RatRat - LOL, I think Croxley has been way too quiet for way too long................I have a feeling that she may have found a few more darlings to add to her collection. I seem to recall that she'd spotted Lipstick as a possible....

Im still taking in that Mulberry has taken the decision to discontinue the Roxanne, perhaps they will do a few special editions as a "swan song".

So Blueberry, after info overload from me.................how's the decision coming along?

Hi Teddies

You have an amazing collection of Roxys Teddies and I love that Choc remains your first love. Glossy & Rich are words for Darwin Choc - scrummy!

Good point re the rivets - this is a niggle...............do we know how the new NVT ones are doing?

(most go unused as Im stupidly worried about using them, slowly weaning myself off that bad habit), here goes.............

Ells xx

wow!!! :drool: :drool:

Love that you have a spare one (echoing Ratrat). Would especially loved to stroke your ochre, ginger and python roxy:biggrin:

Ells xx

Oh Ells you really, really must do pics. I've never heard of half of these and how fantastic to have a bespoke. I always intended to do that for my 60th birthday, the ultimate bag. But they stopped doing it didn't they a while ago? Big Respect to you. You Rox Girl!! :urock:

Hi teddies, I love that you love your first roxy the best still. My little rosie has the bronze hardware which keeps the busy design more subtle which I like. But I think a darwin rox might be a bit heavy for me as I'm a wimp!! How many roxys do you have??

Oh Ells thanks so much for your roxy list, that's some collection!!:faint: (Some pics would be fab :shame:!!) I love your little descriptions of them all too, I can see how they're all essential to your collection:nuts:! May I ask about the rivets - is the niggle that they can fall out? I hardly use my rosie, I don't want to be worried about the bronze eek! And why are you afraid to use them? You should def use your oak as you have the spare then you'd have one battered & one pristine :lol: . Thanks for all the info, it's great to hear & it's not info overload!!

As for the decision, I'm still being a bit rubbish! I'll keep you posted, but I'm glad I started this thread:smile:

Hi BlueBerry

Please dont worry about using your Rosie (ignore my being a 101% hypocrite), in the main the rivet problems are on the Antique Glace & Darwin leathers (thicker & harder) - and I think the pincer movement required to get through the extra thickness can break the rivet.

Mulberry slightly thinned Darwin leather for Rosie - due to the smaller scale, hence no problems with rivets.

I am getting round to using my bags - just need to put in more effort.

Please keep us posted on the decision process!

Love Ells xx

Blueberry, get using rosy!!! I have had mine for about 2.5 years and havent had a problem with rivets, as Ellie said, maybe its just an issue for certain roxannes....?

Hi teddies, I love that you love your first roxy the best still. My little rosie has the bronze hardware which keeps the busy design more subtle which I like. But I think a darwin rox might be a bit heavy for me as I'm a wimp!! How many roxys do you have??

:

Hi Blueberry. I don't have anywhere near as many as Ells and Croxley. I think 11 in total. I won't be adding more, in fact I'm thinking of downsizing the Roxy family. I lost a rivet on Choco and the bronze replacement is still not the same colour even after a couple of years. I've had two replaced on the black refined grain and my most recent shocking loss was to Python. Both the little straps on the pockets fell off! All four rivets parted company at the same time! Still Unbelievable. She'd only been on a few outings even though I'd had her a while. The weight of Darwin has never been an issue for me. I'm used to a heavy bag and I'm not a small person. Good luck with your decision. I'd certainly go for one of the classic colours.