Chloe Betty Tote

luann

Jan 18, 2006
Hi Ladies--
I just ordered a Choc Betty Tote from BG and I wanted to get opinions from you all on this bag. If you own this bag can you post pictures for me? Also, how do you like the bag?

For those who don't know what this bag looks like, attached is a picture.

Thanks, luann

Attachments

• BGV7575_up.JPG
    BGV7575_up.JPG
    2.6 KB · Views: 128
HI LUANN,
LOVE THAT BROWN TOTE!! I HAVE THE BETTY TOTE IN BLACK PATENT, AND I LOOOOOVE IT!! IT'S MY FAVORITE.....I HAVE A LARGE BLACK AND LARGE GRAY BETTY, BUT I LIKE THE TOTE THE BEST.....JUST WISH IT FIT OVER THE SHOULDER, AND NOW I'M CONSIDERING THE HUGH BETTY TOTE IN RED PATENT (CHAIN STRAPS), TRYING TO CONVINCE MYSELF IT WOULD ONE TOO MANY:yes: ....CAN YOU TELL, I'M A BETTY FAN!! ENJOY YOUR NEW BEAUTIFUL BAG!!

Hi Llson--
Thank you for your response. And, yes I can tell you are a HUGE fan. So, it's true that you cannot carry the tote on your shoulders? Dang, that's going to be a bit depressing. I have seen those with the betty satchel and it seems to fit on the shoulders, so do you know if the betty satchel has larger straps than the betty tote?

Again, thanks.

Hi Llson--
Thank you for your response. And, yes I can tell you are a HUGE fan. So, it's true that you cannot carry the tote on your shoulders? Dang, that's going to be a bit depressing. I have seen those with the betty satchel and it seems to fit on the shoulders, so do you know if the betty satchel has larger straps than the betty tote?

Again, thanks.

THE SATCHEL SEEMS TO HAVE LONGER STRAPS, I CAN PUT THEM OVER MY SHOULDER. MAYBE YOUR BETTY WILL HAVE LONGER STRAPS, MINE IS A FEW SEASONS OLDER.

I'm sure it is beautiful in person, but in photos, I can't help seeing those two front pockets as two saggy breasts. Or butt cheeks. Something like that. Definitely saggy. Does anyone else see the Betty's like that or am I just a sick, sick woman?

I just received mine from BG and unfortunately have decided to return it. The leather isn't as buttery as the Ediths and I also noticed that it can scratch easily as there was already a blemish on one of the front pockets. The straps are too short to hold over the shoulder so it's more of a hand or arm nook bag. However, it is very light in weight and has great compartments inside and outside to hold your things.

It is too bad since I'd been eyeing it for such a long time! I did consider the satchel too but chose the tote instead. How do you like the satchel? Does it have a lot of compartments inside?

the satchel has four outside pockets and one inner zippered pocket (big enough for wallet, keys, phone, etc) and the large can definitely be worn over your shoulder, even with a coat. hope that helps!

I know what eetee is saying about the leather. I think there were two kinds of leathers used for the Bettys. I have a small one from a year ago, and the leather is thick and very very soft.

The leather on the new Bettys has a painted feel to it. My old Betty has leather that was dyed (I think), and it looks and feels like the new Bettys are painted, that the leather has just been painted on the outside, not dyed through. Does this make sense? I think the Betty tote is nice, but see how you like the leather and it's finish.

I like the satchel a lot. It's patent so I don't expect it to feel as soft as the paddinton. Fits over the shoulder quite nicely. I haven't taken her out for a spin yet though.