So much love for such a simple bag.

Aprile

Aug 30, 2009
I have Sabrinas, Gallery totes, Kristins, Peytons and a Patent Tribeca tote that I just got a couple days ago. I even have 2 Burberry bags. When I got my first Sabrina I didn't think I could love a bag more than I loved that bag. She was soft and smelled good.

Then I got the Patent Tribeca tote. I am totally head over heels in love with this bag. She is the cheapest one I own, and so very simple. I love the way she feels, she sits great and she smells ohhhhhh so good. She smells much better than any of my other bags. My dh and son think I am a nut because I sit there and rub my hands across her then stick my nose in and take a deep breath.

I have always like my purses that I get. But I have never been so suprised by a bag. I grabbed her the other day thinking she would be practical. I was sure that my Kristin would be my new favorite. My Kristin is still sitting in the box with tags on and my Tribeca goes with me everywhere. I have no desire to even switch out right now. I like her so much I am considering hunting down a purple one and a black one.

Do any of you have a bag that you didn't think you would really love that has turned out to be your HG? One that was on the cheaper side that seems to have blown it's more expensive cousins out of the water? I am just very pleased with this bag.

do you have pics wearing your new tribeca tote? would love to see it. Im interested in getting the white patent one just not sure on sizing. :smile:

Last edited:
OOOH my gosh, I so understand this post! I know EXACTLY what you mean about having a surprise love of Tribecca-- it's like a virus going around or something!

Usually I'm obsessed with HTF Madison bags.... recent acquisitions included blue ombre sabrina, black metallic claire, inlaid op-art claire and purple textured leather Audrey. They were all a little on the pricey side for outlet bags, but I was pleased to purchase them as I LOVE that line and those particular bags.

But then I found the gold patent Tribecca hobo at my outlet last Saturday, and I haven't changed out of it since! I've even down-sized how much I carry specifically to wear this bag (usually I carry HUGE bags so I can lug around everything from my most recent read to a medium sized Vera Bradley makeup bag).

What is it about the simple lines and details of the Tribecca that make a person so smitten? Could it be the little gold buttons that attach the delicate chain straps? The linear perfection of the construction? The slip pockets on either side? I don't know, but I definitely understand your surprise infactuation with the Tribecca-- I feel the same way myself! So cheap, yet so perfect!

Cheers to you and your Tribecca love-- I'm definitely in the same place right now! (my patent gold hobo sits on my desk as I type! So lovely...) :love:

do you have pics wearing your new tribeca tote? would love to see it. Im interested in getting the white patent one just not sure on sizing. :smile:

Sorry these are the best I have. I don't have a full length mirror, it broke when we moved.

146.jpg

144.jpg

Great Pictures!!!
The Tribeca tote is very nice!!!
I think my best buy at the outlet was my Metallic Courtney!!! She is a domed Satchel that I love. (price wise!! ) My Best Buy and Greatest is my Plum Patent Sabrina!!! I was so intent on finding the Camel that I was reluctant to get the Plum!!! I am so glad that I did!!! She is so nice and soft!!! Just a great bag overall!!! (I got the Sabrina for a good price too!!)

Lynne :biggrin:

It looks great on you!! I've totally been eyeing this bag on the website over the last couple of weeks. I really want something white that I won't have to worry about and because this ones in patent I keep thinking it would be perfect. The only reason i refrain from getting it is because my husband just got me a light colour LV bag and I also just recently got the sparkle leather groovy in platinum/silver

OOOH my gosh, I so understand this post! I know EXACTLY what you mean about having a surprise love of Tribecca-- it's like a virus going around or something!

Usually I'm obsessed with HTF Madison bags.... recent acquisitions included blue ombre sabrina, black metallic claire, inlaid op-art claire and purple textured leather Audrey. They were all a little on the pricey side for outlet bags, but I was pleased to purchase them as I LOVE that line and those particular bags.

But then I found the gold patent Tribecca hobo at my outlet last Saturday, and I haven't changed out of it since! I've even down-sized how much I carry specifically to wear this bag (usually I carry HUGE bags so I can lug around everything from my most recent read to a medium sized Vera Bradley makeup bag).

What is it about the simple lines and details of the Tribecca that make a person so smitten? Could it be the little gold buttons that attach the delicate chain straps? The linear perfection of the construction? The slip pockets on either side? I don't know, but I definitely understand your surprise infactuation with the Tribecca-- I feel the same way myself! So cheap, yet so perfect!

Cheers to you and your Tribecca love-- I'm definitely in the same place right now! (my patent gold hobo sits on my desk as I type! So lovely...) :love:

I love how you described the joys of the Tribeca! She is definitely a great little bag for a fabulous price. I bought a navy Tribeca tote at the outlet in January. She is the only bag that DH liked the moment I took her out of the shopping bag.

I also was surprised by how much I like Tribeca. In photos she didn't impress me much, but in person she's just the right size, just the right shape!

I'm a tad nervous about others' reports of the patent handles peeling, but at this price I'm willing to take a chance. I don't have any other navy bags, and I found myself looking for navy shoes to coordinate with Tribeca!

I love tribeca! I had to hobos a petrol (gray) and berry. Unfortunatly, I took them back due to fears of cracking/pealing.

Anyways- I got a MFF large pleated black SOHO siggy in January and she's wonderful. Didn't think she would have become a favorite of mine!

My Jade Patent Audrey. I am a handle bag girl, this one is absolutely beyond my expectation. Flat handles, light, beautiful color and endure bad weathers. My other bags have been sitting quietly in their dustbags for three weeks already. LOL

I love the Tribeca as well. I only hesitate because I am not a fan of the breakaway zipper. I am looking at the peony color at Macys. I have a gc there so I am stuck with whatever they have in store or online. It's so reasonably priced that if I skip out on the Kristin black tote I have been eyeing I may just get the Alex white patent I want at Nordy's.

Advice anyone??