Help me please.....

esk106

Dec 26, 2006
Hi, I'm new to this forum and have taken notice of how kind you all are and helpful. And I was wondering if any of you can help me.

I am in the market for a new bag, I still love my Fendi but I'm slowly growing tired of it. I did ask for a new bag for Christmas but saddly it was out of stock when my mom went to order it. And since I'm soon going with a friend to a mall that has a Saks in it, my mom said to pick something out (within reason price wise).

Now for my delimma, what bag should I consider? I would kinda like to get a LV, but I also like some of the Gucci's I saw online.....What do you think is a better buy, Gucci or LV?

lv is pretty classic, and i love them because they've had some of the same styles for ages. they have distinct styles that are instantly recognizable, and that people pass down as heirlooms....whereas gucci, many of their styles and bags change over time, so that it's hard to see one and immediately go, oh that's _________ much like how people can immediately recognize "oh love your speedy 30." i guess recognition isn't all, but as an investment, bags that have instant recognition power in terms of style may be a better choice. just my opinion i guess. though i did check out all the gucci bags online at their site, and some of them are really, really gorgeous.

How old are you and what's your price range? What do you usually wear?

That's what I would ask, also. Large, small, do you like or dislike logos? It's hard to go wrong with LV and it holds its value better than most designers; but Gucci has some great-looking bags, too. In the end you should (within your price range), get bag you love-that's the most important thing--a bag that makes you happy just looking at it. Good luck!;)

Oh--Welcome!!

How old are you and what's your price range? What do you usually wear?

Well, I'm 19, my price range is from $100- 800, and I usually wear anything from sweatshirts and jeans to nice cami's and jackets. Since I'm in college I kinda need something that will hold up and big,(I like to carry my life around with me...).

Why don't you post your question on the Gucci board asking what they would suggest for a student with the needs you mentioned, and I'll bet they have some good ideas for you. Ask the same thing on the LV board and there are students who can tell you what works well for them. If you want something you don't see as often, the other posters are right about Gucci--you wont' see them as much and it might seem more "special" to you.

(Mods--they wouldn't be considered duplicate posts, since she's researching 2 designers, would they?)

Personally, I'd go with LV based on your price range. For $100 - $800 the only Gucci's would be in their signature fabric - I don't think of any of their leather bags fall in that price range. If you're looking for something durable that you can carry for many years, you can get something from LV in one of their canvas lines (Monogram, Damier, Azur, etc.) that will last a lot longer and be easier to maintain. Plus, there a wide variety of styles and sizes that you can choose from to suit your needs.