Shopping in DC - recommendations pls

Ladies,

I'm going to be heading to Washington DC for a few days in March on business. Normally I stay in Georgetown so that I can hit the shops there but this time around I'm staying near the White House.

I don't have alot of time but are there any great shops/boutiques that you would recommend hitting?

TIA!

I would take the train to Friendship Heights (red line). They have Loehmans, TJ Maxx, Filenes Basement, Lord and Taylor, Bloomingdales and some other stores.

Next suggestion would be take the train to Pentagon City.

Metro Center has a few stores like H&M, Guess, Macys, Filenes, Zara, Banana Republic...but thats not a favorite shopping spot for me.

If you have access to a car I'd suggest Tysons Corner in VA.

If all else fails Georgetown will be around.

Tysons I & II are my go to's in the area. Tysons has the best Bloomies, Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus... (as well as if you go a little past the mall on route 7, the TJ Maxx & Marshalls have AMAZING finds)

Yeah I'm not crazy about Pentagon, only store I like there is Arden B. (if they still even have it there!)
I think Arden B is still there. As others have said Tysons and Pentagon City. Georgetown is nice too but it is cold but I do believe there is an indoor mall around H&M and Arthro.

I think Arden B is still there. As others have said Tysons and Pentagon City. Georgetown is nice too but it is cold but I do believe there is an indoor mall around H&M and Arthro.

I'm coming from Canada so what's defined as cold in Washington is not going to phase me!

Thanks for the great suggestions ladies! I'm hoping that I'll have some time to hit Tyson's!!

I would recommend Friendship Heights too.

You DC ladies know better than me, but isn't Tysons a bit far if she is staying in DC? Whenever I visit my sister who lives in DC she says that Tysons is a real pain to get to.

I would recommend Friendship Heights too.

You DC ladies know better than me, but isn't Tysons a bit far if she is staying in DC? Whenever I visit my sister who lives in DC she says that Tysons is a real pain to get to.
There's a bus that goes from one of the Orange line metro stations to the Tysons Corner Mall.