Odds and Sods...

corries2

Saor Alba
O.G.
Jan 3, 2009
I made my first trip to Shepton Mallet last week. I hadn't been overwhelmed by the stock in York or Cheshire Oaks last year so didn't know what to expect.

It was a lovely drive from our holiday cottage in Dorset and fortunately a beautiful day. The Old Schoolhouse is very impressive from the outside and there is plenty of parking. Even if I hadn't bought a thing ,it would still have been a great day, spent in good company, looking at lots of lovely bags, clothes and accessories.

Yes all the usual suspects are there. Bags Mulberry are never going to shift without offering a free plasma TV alongside. However there was a good range available in all categories. Standout bag for me was a Fawn/Sand Large Poppy. Can't remember the colour name. It was stunning, but at £447 before SH discount, it was more than my budget. Luckily I realised it was too similar to Beatrice in some ways to be an option.

I'm not a fan of Oak Spongy Leather but really liked the Mabel Messenger in Oak. It has a dark brown canvas strap that lifts the Oak Spongy Leather somewhere else.

The cafe at SM is small but very pleasant, esp if you are spending hours there. Almost four I think I managed. OH is a saint!!! The menu is sparse but the coffee and scone was lovely. Staff were great too. Helpful but not in the slightest pushy.

Anyway, no bag bought. Just these odds and sods!

Ahh - sounds like you had a great time there! I didnt buy a bag there either (tho if that large Poppy had been there, I would have been in serious trouble!!)!

I just posted on chat thread that Im going to bed .. grrr!!

Hope you are having a lovely holiday! :biggrin:

I have never liked Congo at all. I think now it's because some of the bags I have seen, esp in York, were a bit rough looking. However this small purse is making me re-evaluate. It's Choc Congo with brass hardware. It's a concertina effect that allows tons of change, a couple of cards, stamps, without bulging or losing it's shape. This has been a love-in since I got her.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 48
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 50
Very cute indeed. They had a great display of purses when we went there ... very dangerous! It is where I got my "spare/just incase" 2nd Mabel purse :lol:

Im afraid Im going to have to bow out .. cant stay awake much longer.

Will check in again tomorrow to see your other goodies.

*DO NOT CALL SHEPTON DO NOT CALL SHEPTON DO NOT CALL SHEPTON DO NOT CALL SHEPTON DO NOT CALL SHEPTON*

Sorry - that last bit is just what Im chanting to myself as I get ready to leave ...!!

This keyring looks as if it was on the hook for ages. It is called a Valet Keyring. I think it's probably a guy's but I love it. It's Claret in colour and two keyrings fit together like a briefcase clasp. I'll put my house key on one for nights I want to dash out but not take the whole "Cell Block H" bunch that I usually carry!

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 43
Finally, still in Bangle mode. These two Pewter beauties were half price even before the SH discount. They are heavy, but could be worn together seperately or one on each wrist

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 66
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg