Odds and Sods...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I made my first trip to Shepton Mallet last week. I hadn't been overwhelmed by the stock in York or Cheshire Oaks last year so didn't know what to expect.

It was a lovely drive from our holiday cottage in Dorset and fortunately a beautiful day. The Old Schoolhouse is very impressive from the outside and there is plenty of parking. Even if I hadn't bought a thing ,it would still have been a great day, spent in good company, looking at lots of lovely bags, clothes and accessories.

Yes all the usual suspects are there. Bags Mulberry are never going to shift without offering a free plasma TV alongside. However there was a good range available in all categories. Standout bag for me was a Fawn/Sand Large Poppy. Can't remember the colour name. It was stunning, but at £447 before SH discount, it was more than my budget. Luckily I realised it was too similar to Beatrice in some ways to be an option.

I'm not a fan of Oak Spongy Leather but really liked the Mabel Messenger in Oak. It has a dark brown canvas strap that lifts the Oak Spongy Leather somewhere else.

The cafe at SM is small but very pleasant, esp if you are spending hours there. Almost four I think I managed. OH is a saint!!! The menu is sparse but the coffee and scone was lovely. Staff were great too. Helpful but not in the slightest pushy.

Anyway, no bag bought. Just these odds and sods!

2. Ohh nooo .. I just saw the words large fawn Poppy!

Corrrrrrrrrrrrieeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss!!!! Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

(Back to read the rest of your post!!)

3. :popcorn:

4. Ahh - sounds like you had a great time there! I didnt buy a bag there either (tho if that large Poppy had been there, I would have been in serious trouble!!)!

I just posted on chat thread that Im going to bed .. grrr!!

Hope you are having a lovely holiday! :biggrin:

5. Oh & Im :lolots: @ the free plasma TV comment .. I know what you mean though. The ones they have at ALL the outlets .. every time you go!! :nuts:

6. I have never liked Congo at all. I think now it's because some of the bags I have seen, esp in York, were a bit rough looking. However this small purse is making me re-evaluate. It's Choc Congo with brass hardware. It's a concertina effect that allows tons of change, a couple of cards, stamps, without bulging or losing it's shape. This has been a love-in since I got her.

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      136 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      111.3 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      102.6 KB
      Views:
    • 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      75.6 KB
      Views:
  7. Now that is seriously cute! What a lovely little purse!

8. cute purse!

9. Very cute indeed. They had a great display of purses when we went there ... very dangerous! It is where I got my "spare/just incase" 2nd Mabel purse :lol:

Im afraid Im going to have to bow out .. cant stay awake much longer.

Will check in again tomorrow to see your other goodies.

*DO NOT CALL SHEPTON DO NOT CALL SHEPTON DO NOT CALL SHEPTON DO NOT CALL SHEPTON DO NOT CALL SHEPTON*

Sorry - that last bit is just what Im chanting to myself as I get ready to leave ...!!

10. That's a great purse Corries. Would match my pocket book really well :idea:

What were he other odds and sods?

11. Good to hear you enjoyed your little trip to SM Corries. It's quite a different atmosphere to eg Bicester, don't you think? (less manic).
    Lovely little purse too!

12. This keyring looks as if it was on the hook for ages. It is called a Valet Keyring. I think it's probably a guy's but I love it. It's Claret in colour and two keyrings fit together like a briefcase clasp. I'll put my house key on one for nights I want to dash out but not take the whole "Cell Block H" bunch that I usually carry!

Attached Files:

• 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      72.9 KB
      Views:
    • 016.JPG
      016.JPG
      File size:
      126.5 KB
      Views:
  13. What a sweet little Purse Corries, it's lovely

14. LOVE that purse Corries, and lovely keyring!

15. Finally, still in Bangle mode. These two Pewter beauties were half price even before the SH discount. They are heavy, but could be worn together seperately or one on each wrist

Attached Files:

• 018.jpg
      018.jpg
      File size:
      76.2 KB
      Views:
    • 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      64 KB
      Views:
    • 028.jpg