marc jacobs new large single's size is smaller than the 09' collection?

Jan 11, 2010
I read from the post of tadpolenyc (the person who kindly gives info on price and style of MJ collection) that the resort 09 large single dimension is 11.5"W x 9.5"H x 1"D. however, when i check on nordstrom and bergdorf the size for the bag is not the same. It is infact 8"H x 10"W x 3"D. I really loves this bag, but i don't want it to look to small on me. So, any opinion on this? If someone did buy the new one could you please kindly post some pics so that i can see the size's difference? thank you so much.

I would email marc jacobs store to ask if they still have the resort 09 collection because i think it is larger and it won't look too small on me.

measurements can differ give or take an inch or two depending on who's taking them, kwim? i forgot which site i got those measurements from, but mj.com has listed 10 x 8 x 3 for both the f/w 09 and s/s 10 large singles. my resort 09 single seems to the be the same size as current season ones, so i don't believe there's been a size decrease. hope that clears things up!

measurements can differ give or take an inch or two depending on who's taking them, kwim? i forgot which site i got those measurements from, but mj.com has listed 10 x 8 x 3 for both the f/w 09 and s/s 10 large singles. my resort 09 single seems to the be the same size as current season ones, so i don't believe there's been a size decrease. hope that clears things up!

Thanks, Tad! Although it seems intuitive that they wouldn't touch the size, one never knows! Oops! Except the TAD! :yahoo:

@ blackonmaroon, are you getting the bag tomorrow?? if yes, congratss. it is a fine bag.

:sad: Well, I WAS going to be getting my beige Large Single tomorrow, but unfortunately my car's been having some problems so it looks like I won't be getting it in the very near future after all. Sorry, orangegirl, but I'm sure tad is right about this. It just doesn't make sense for them to spontaneously change the size without changing the name, KWIM?

i'm pretty sure they're the same size.. i saw the taupe and beige single the other day and compared that to my grey single, they're the same size.. :yes: