Filthy bag, seller not responding

Just wondering what happens after 10 days if the seller doesn't respond? Some of the Coachies are suggesting I try to take the bag into Coach for repair. I love the little bag and it was supposed to be a gift for my daughter.
If the seller does not respond, ebay may find in your favor in the dispute and issue a full refund upon return of the bag. If you wanted wished to repair the bag, you probably should have taken the bag to coach PRIOR and requested a partial refund to cover the refurbishment. That has to be up to you. Be very careful changing your dispute terms while a dispute in is progress. If the seller OFFERS a partial refund for refurb, condider that when and if it happens.
The one thing about filing disputes is that you need to know WHAT YOU WANT when you file your dispute and file accordingly.

If the seller does not respond, ebay may find in your favor in the dispute and issue a full refund upon return of the bag. If you wanted wished to repair the bag, you probably should have taken the bag to coach PRIOR and requested a partial refund to cover the refurbishment. That has to be up to you. Be very careful changing your dispute terms while a dispute in is progress. If the seller OFFERS a partial refund for refurb, condider that when and if it happens.
The one thing about filing disputes is that you need to know WHAT YOU WANT when you file your dispute and file accordingly.

Yeah, I understand, and to be honest with you I only wanted a full refund, but the Coachies on the board suggested that Coach might repair it, and that piqued my interest in keeping the bag and trying to clean it up. If the seller responds and offers the full refund, I'll probably just go with that because whether or not Coach will repair/replace the bag is an unknown.

So far still no response from the seller on day 4.

Yeah, I understand, and to be honest with you I only wanted a full refund, but the Coachies on the board suggested that Coach might repair it, and that piqued my interest in keeping the bag and trying to clean it up. If the seller responds and offers the full refund, I'll probably just go with that because whether or not Coach will repair/replace the bag is an unknown.

Well, I hope SOMETHING works out in your favor. Ebay will likely refund you if seller remains unresponsive. But it's frustrating to have to just sit and wait.

Just hang in there... if they fail to return communication with PP it will eventually fall good on your side. Did you try the ebay communication line for help in getting the seller to communicate? I forgot the # someone provided earlier on another thread.

ebay help line.....1-866-643-3720 That is the number I have...Such a sad looking purse now.I agree OP I would do the full refund as you have no idea if coach can even fix this poor little thing now...Too sad looking for your DD to carry ....

Well, the dilemma is "IF" Coach can repair it. Repairs, if possible, will cost you more money. And if it cannot be repaired you will be out of luck. I think your best bet is to file that SNAD, get your money back......and then find a much better present for your daughter. One member suggested going to a Coach outlet and if there's one near you you may find a terrific bag that's clean, in good shape and pretty.

That's pretty gross. I can't believe the seller would have even continued carrying it once it got that dirty, much less try to sell it to an unsuspecting buyer and think that anyone else would want to carry such a filthy bag.

See the thread here for background:

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/one-persons-dirty-is-my-filthy-536699.html

I contacted seller, and waited 24 hours. After no response to my email, I opened a case with Ebay. That was 3 days ago. How long does Ebay wait for a seller response? Is there a point where if the seller doesn't respond, I just get my $$ back through Paypal??

This is the first time I've had a totally non-responsive seller.

When a picture is being taken that far of a distance, I think it screams that something is being hidden by the seller. Sorry but that picture looks like a garbage to me.

Just got a full refund from Ebay via Paypal. Case was closed in my favor because the seller has not responded. They didn't ask for the bag back. I'm headed off to leave neg feedback.

This is what I left:

Bag was filthy, seller did not respond at all. Cased closed by Ebay and refunded.

Last edited:
You know that I never even looked at the inside of the bag until now, it's equally as filthy!! Since they didn't ask me for it back I'm gonna try a bath and see what happens! I guess I have nothing to lose!