Chanel novice here would I be unhappy with a backpack?

I have never owned a Chanel bag lots of Gucci and LV looking to purchase a chanel Kind of surprised at how much they cost these days Prices have gone up alot in the years since I looked for one Would I be satisfied with a chanel backpack?

I had a chanel backpack and found it was too much trouble to keep removing my arms from the straps to then bring the chanel to the front to open up and get my wallet out. Also didn't like the idea that a pick pocket could just open the backpack behind you. Why not a GST or classic?

I'm not as knowledgeable about Chanel as many others in the forum but I've never heard of a Chanel backpack.

I don't think a Chanel backpack is very practical though because backpacks are usually meant to handle some abuse. Also, the pick pocketing factor mentioned before would also make me weary if you're using it to hold your money and putting it on and off to access your things is not very convenient.

Designer handbag yay, backpack nay.

I've heard of a Chanel backpack but I don't think it's very practical... or fashionable... No offense! The idea of a backpack seems kind of high school-ish to me. If you are buying a Chanel bag, it would be a much better investment to obtain a style that you will not grow out of, such as a tote (PST or GST) or a flap (classic or reissue).

Hi OP…. Actually, my first Chanel collection is a backpack. I think it was in the late 1980’s or early 1990’s when backpack-style is still highly on fashion. (At that time, I had backpacks from Prada, Gucci, and Chanel).

Regarding your question (“Would I be satisfied with a chanel backpack?”), I think it depends on you. Are you a “backpack person” ? If you are, you should get it. If you are not, I think it would be better to find different style since backpack is not as famous as used to be….

I don't think I've ever carried a backpack...but that'sme.. My style is more on the dressier side.

You don't mention how old you are.. I think that makes a difference along with your lifestyle.. like what you do for work.. what your average day looks like, etc

I too worry about the pickpocket factor

The new coco cocoon collection has a backpack, but as others have said, I would try to get a classic flap or something. A flap never goes out of style. Later on you might get tired of the backpack.

not really a fan of backpacks in general... they remind me way too much of highschool :P

personally I'd recommend either a classic flap in caviar, or reissue in calf as first Chanel... or, go for a tote if you're a fan of totes :smile: