Miu Miu Paragon Singapore

mangocara

Jul 29, 2007
Hi all,

I just came back from Miu Miu at Paragon Singapore. So excited. Wohoo...

The store has many nice bags on display:

Medium coffer in lambskin in colours like sabbia, avorio, aquamarine, mughetto

Regular coffer in lambskin in the new colour yellow coffer (a bit close to yellow mustard).

Vitello lux shopper in the new colours like in avorio, something in orange shade, yellow, fiordaliso, mughetto, etc.

They also have the shopper in the bigger size.

Mini nappa charm in cammeo, antico and avorio.

Pattina in calce, nero and cammeo

Regular Bow in fumo, etc

Mini Bow in the new colours

For those, staying in Singaopore or visiting Singapore, grab the chance and see for yourself hehe...

Yes. Paragon would be the flagship store for Singapore. Most items are the S/S 2010 collection. After that, most of the bags will be almost the same between Ion and Paragon. The RTW section in Paragon will be more.

I Traveled to Singapore in '08. Visited the Miu Miu Boutique in Paragon and was impressed with their collection but really turned off by their customer service. The staff there never greeted me, showed no interested in offering to help, and just stared me down the whole time I was in there. Worst customer service experience ever! I was planning on getting a wallet too...

Let's not go into service here. It really all depends on the customer. If you enter any boutique, trying to act pompous, carrying a branded bag thinking people will look at u in a different way(trust me, SAs seen countless Hermes birkins. LV, Gucci doesn't really mean ANY to us..), showing no respect to the SAs. Def. no one will give u good service. We're Sales Associates, not ur servant...A point where a lot of customers failed to acknowledge. Some SAs dun 'shadow' aka follow where ever u go, we will stand at a point and see which customer needs help - It's a new approach of service.

I Traveled to Singapore in '08. Visited the Miu Miu Boutique in Paragon and was impressed with their collection but really turned off by their customer service. The staff there never greeted me, showed no interested in offering to help, and just stared me down the whole time I was in there. Worst customer service experience ever! I was planning on getting a wallet too...

well... I have not personally been to the Singapore boutique.. but I kinda have to agree with you...

well... I am not a mean/rude person... I just simply seek assistant in items I am interested in when I go shopping... .. I do not expect someone to be my servant.. nor follow me around (actually I hate them following me around when I just want to browse)... BUT my expectation would be for the SA to be courteous when I ask a simple question or wanting to see a handbag... I never say anything rude or horrible to SA.. just if you are not helpful & courteous, you will not get my sale... period...

when I find a good SA... I stick with them and befriended with them...

when I was in HK... I def get different service when I was alone than when I was with my Foreign DH... when I was by myself.. NO ONE pay attention to me... espeically when I speak the local language... BUT when I was with my DH and spoke English... service has COMPLETELY changed... well I MADE purchase at both times.. it not like I was simply browsing... ...

but I gotta say... designer boutiques are def. more approachable in N. America... I never feel awkward nor intimidated to go in & browse the merchandise.. BUT def. I get a differnt vibe when I was HK... AND even more different if the SA see me as a "local" or "tourist"

sorry for the rant... :back2topic:

ANYWAY!! good detective work Mangocara! can't wait to see new handbags!
these new lambskin coffer sounds yummy.....

Hey Secretguy just to clarify my story...

I was traveling at the time and I wore dirty sneakers, basic traveling clothes and carried a no name brand bag. I entered the boutique (with my grandparents) really excited to see all the the merchandise so I checked a few items out. I was holding a drink in my hand b/c it was really hot out and one SA snarlingly told me to throw it out b/c of the boutique rules.. (this I understood) and did willingly without a problem.

Then i went ahead and browsed through items, I saw a mini coffer and thought it was really cute. I decided to try it on. In the corner of my eye I saw two SAs just standing there laughing and talking and I noticed both of them staring at me. So I say ok perhaps they may not think i'm worth talking to since I didn't really look that I could afford it. I moved along and saw some wallets and decided to ask an SA if they had anymore in the back b/c I was really interested in a particular one. The SA responded in a rude manner so I decided to leave without buying it.

Trust me...I was a S/A too at one time in my life and I know how it all works but I am the type of person that would never act snooty or rude to anyone. AND I also know the type of service SA's are suppose to give to customers and I experienced none of it at the S'pore Boutique.
I've been to other Miu Miu boutiques around the world and always have received good customer service.

Let's not go into service here. It really all depends on the customer. If you enter any boutique, trying to act pompous, carrying a branded bag thinking people will look at u in a different way(trust me, SAs seen countless Hermes birkins. LV, Gucci doesn't really mean ANY to us..), showing no respect to the SAs. Def. no one will give u good service. We're Sales Associates, not ur servant...A point where a lot of customers failed to acknowledge. Some SAs dun 'shadow' aka follow where ever u go, we will stand at a point and see which customer needs help - It's a new approach of service.

Hey Kiki119
I can agree with you about N.American boutiques being more approachable but I've also experienced amazing service in Asia as well.

It just rubs me the wrong way when people make assumptions about others they do not know. I would never expect anyone to follow me around like they were my servant.

Secretguy- Perhaps you've had some bad experiences with customers?...which is understandable. Ive had a few of them myself. But don't close yourself up to the nice ones okay? :smile:

I only found one good SA in Hong Kong MM at peking road ... I forgot her name... and i threw her card out by mistake! (huge mistake! bc I would love to use her again! buy there and ask my mom to pick it up for me!)
o well... maybe I should just call them up & see.. or go there next time I am in HK :smile:

I agree with you teacups. I am Singaporean and still a teenager. and wow the service i can get at Miu Miu Paragon is so awful that i cringe every time i think about it. did see a HK tourist whose daughter was eating something, and the SA who was serving me gave her a 'Miu Miu Paragon' onceover and glared at her daughter saying that eating was disallowed. since I took quite long to choose just a bag charm, he gave me half-hearted replies to my questions and disappeared halfway - and never returned again :wtf: and no, he wasn't serving someone else, he dissappeared into the back and never came out.

but while there are horrible snooty ones (who act as if i don't have the money to buy anything - maybe I won't spend a lot but I would still spend some), there are some very nice SAs. I eventually managed to get a nice female SA's help who was very pleasant. in comparison, i've been to Miu Miu in Taipei, HK (two diff boutiques) and London. in all 4 places, i get the best service even though i might be in grungy travel clothes. Service is not about shadowing you whenever you go. That is not what we're complaining about. What we're complaining about is the way we get shot dirty looks from SAs because we aren't dressed in Hermes Birkins or VIPs.

anyway, I'm sorry your trip to Singapore was marred like that :sad: we definitely aren't known for the best service standards here..

awww i'm sorry to hear about all the bad experiences at miu miu paragon... i was at miu miu ion recently and was quite happy with the service... (granted i did buy something..) maybe the next time will be better? :smile:

i just went to miu miu paragon/ion yesterday and the service i got was :tup: the SA at both outlets who served me, both guys were really sweet to the extend of waiting patiently for me, giving me advises on which color i should take, which matches me, went to the back and take out a color not on display so i could take a look too though i didn't ask for me.

but the sa at prada ion CMI! the one serving me was okay but out of nowhere popped his female colleague who literally stared at me and discussed about the bag im carrying to her colleague who was serving me. i never see SAs discussing about their customers right in front of the customer before seriously. I'm once in retail line and we usually waited till the customer was gone before we start any discussion. but there she was doing it openly. i felt that was kinda rude.

I'm gonna drop by tomorrow and dress down... as gonna look at the new S/S 2010... Maybe a wallet or 2... If they really serve people according to the LOOKS i ain't getting any stuff.
:P

what a great social epxerience!!! hehehehe...
let me know how it turns out...

but I think it is only few individual bad apples out there that make bad names for those good SA out there....

of course... those bad demading customer/queen make bad names for us nice customers too...