Our perception of beauty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing. It's kind of sad to think that young girls will see a poster like this and think these models naturally look like this and spend their entire lives trying to achieve this. Little do they know...

I love that Dove is doing this, it really shows how distorted our vision of beauty can be - especially when we say that what we see in the magazines and on TV is beautiful. I think all people are beautiful :smile: There's no such thing as an ugly person - unless they have an ugly personality.

Perception is right. When you consider the differences, across history, across the world, across cultures, how different our perceptions and ideals of physical beauty can be, and then you think of your own life, and how many times someone who when you first saw them, beautiful was not the first thing you thought.

But the better you got to know them, the more beautiful they became! :smile:

Perception is right. When you consider the differences, across history, across the world, across cultures, how different our perceptions and ideals of physical beauty can be, and then you think of your own life, and how many times someone who when you first saw them, beautiful was not the first thing you thought.

But the better you got to know them, the more beautiful they became! :smile:

I couldn't agree more!!

Status
Not open for further replies.