Where I can get a an Amarante Vernis Alma GM

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
Humby begging:

I went into LV in Bond St to buy my long time love Amerante Vernis Alma MM but it wasn't big enough and I fell out of love:nuts:.

I asked if I could see a GM and the SA said that there were none and no one has any anymore.

I didn't quite believe him but I didn't have time to hit knightsbridge. Now I'm in France and my mother who will accompany me to every Chanel and Gucci on the French and Itallian Riviara draws the line at me 'popping in' to an LV because she says I don't need the bag:nuts:

Anyway too much info

I just want to know does anyone own, tried on, has info on or seen a Amerante Vernis Alma GM anywhere in Europe. I don't really want to stop over ino Paris but I might have to:nuts:

Do you think that this bag is so much bigger than the MM and will look too much like a suitcase?

Am I just silly and should just get the MM and shut up already?:nuts::smile:

Thanks handbglvr

I knew that the SA was probably talking rot but when I tried to find them on line and put 'vernis alma' in the search it didn't come up for me. I thought that oh, maybe they were super rare and I should get one super quick. If I can still get one on line I'll get one, no problem and no naughty fibbing SAs to deal with. Especially SAs who do not know what is a South Beach is:lecture:

Maybe it's because London is tourist heavy right now and all seem to be buying LV as though bags were pices of fruit. Too much trouble to look up inventory on a computer.

I should be able to try a bag on before buying, no?

Exceptions to any of the above aspirtions: All at Harrods LV - I LV U.

Humby begging:

I went into LV in Bond St to buy my long time love Amerante Vernis Alma MM but it wasn't big enough and I fell out of love:nuts:.

I asked if I could see a GM and the SA said that there were none and no one has any anymore.

I didn't quite believe him but I didn't have time to hit knightsbridge. Now I'm in France and my mother who will accompany me to every Chanel and Gucci on the French and Itallian Riviara draws the line at me 'popping in' to an LV because she says I don't need the bag:nuts:

Anyway too much info

I just want to know does anyone own, tried on, has info on or seen a Amerante Vernis Alma GM anywhere in Europe. I don't really want to stop over ino Paris but I might have to:nuts:

Do you think that this bag is so much bigger than the MM and will look too much like a suitcase?

Am I just silly and should just get the MM and shut up already?:nuts::smile:

Just for some size compare, fashionphile have Alma GM and MM in Violet now..

Just for some size compare, fashionphile have Alma GM and MM in Violet now..

Thankyou so much Elliepurse

I saw :graucho:. Both V. nice :graucho:

I was driving myself a little crazy with the comparisons. I would love to try them both side by side on ME though.

I may go to my usual Harrods LV pit-stop and ask agian. Esp if I can get there first thing on a Mon morn before the crowds descend.

There was one at the KaDeWe store in Berlin when I was there in October last year, it might still be there.. it's worth a shot, right?

Their number is (+49) 30 21 21 29 70

Good luck! :tup:

There was one at the KaDeWe store in Berlin when I was there in October last year, it might still be there.. it's worth a shot, right?

Their number is (+49) 30 21 21 29 70

Good luck! :tup:

It's long shot. When I'm in Germany soon (Northwest alas) I'll be looking because I think it's a bag that Germany might have more of. The probs with ordering on line - they do charge quite a heavy P&P, it's a ot of hassle if the bag does not work and I would really like to try before I buy.

I have an MM and GM, and I like them both; but then again I like big bags. I had a Mono Alma, but sold it I felt it was too small.

Yes the standard mod was too small for me for everyday, almost like a eve purse for me.

If you return to this thread chessmont pls tell me what the MM will/won't hold and when you choose to carry one mod over the other?

TIA

Yes the standard mod was too small for me for everyday, almost like a eve purse for me.

If you return to this thread chessmont pls tell me what the MM will/won't hold and when you choose to carry one mod over the other?

TIA

-Hmm, kind of hard to answer, the MM will carry everything you need except, IMO work papers and binders, etc. (though I don;t work outside the home. I just don't think I would use a pretty vernis for any work purposes...

The GM will carry everything you own, LOL, but I don't know if it would fit a laptop, for example, or if it did, if I would want to put one very heavy piece in like that.
Sorry I have rather vague answers.

I usually carry:

Eugenie wallet, 2 good sized cosmetic bags, a change purse, an agenda, iPhone, small leather case in which is my 'Jawbone' earphone for my cell phone Reading glasses, or sometimes my Rx glasses, and a pair of sunnies all in their cases. Small purse 'box' of Kleenex, a ring full of keys and automatic car lock openers (three of those fat things on it!) hmmm, trying to think if anything else.

Now that's in the MM. Just do some math for the GM, LOL.

HTH.

P.S. The GM is rather huge to some people but I like big bags. It is really large. I think the MM is perfect for when one is not feeling 'confident' to carry a "look at ME" bag on a particular day .

I have the MM in the Blue Nuit (is that the name?) and the GM in Amarante; I didn't have the nerve to get the huge bag in an eye-popping color:P

Last edited:
^^^ thank you for input and all your info.

BTW I like big bags and they seem to like me to. I can have 6 different appointments all over the place and still have to go out afterwards so I always need to be prepared for anything. Sometimes I carry a messenger and a major bag.