Soleil in clemence vs. swift

La Vanguardia

PAPER DOLL
O.G.
Dec 21, 2005
I tried to search this but couldn't find info. I've only seen soleil IRL in clemence, does anyone know if it is brighter or more muted in swift?

When I looked at the reference thread for yellow, I couldn't really tell from the pics whether soleil was brighter in swift or not vs. clemence/togo.

TIA! :biggrin:

Last edited:
I have seen soleil also in togo, epsom and tadeklat. It is by nature such a bright color that I personally can't really see any significant brightness variance between leathers... altho my eyes seem to pick up a slight lemon-ish green overcast in swift leather...

I have seen soleil also in togo, epsom and tadeklat. It is by nature such a bright color that I personally can't really see any significant brightness variance between leathers... altho my eyes seem to pick up a slight lemon-ish green overcast in swift leather...

Thank you! This is the feedback I'm looking for! :biggrin:

Mmm, I'm not sure if I'll like the lemon-ish green overcast of soleil in swift. I want it to be as yellow as possible.

I have to caveat that store lighting does sometimes play tricks on the eyes.... so don't rule out swift on my comments alone....togo would be a good middle ground i reckon - especially fine grained togo - bigger grain clemence may seem to "dull" the brightness, epsom shines in bright colors but u have to like the stiffness.

PS: what do you have in mind for Soleil? a birkin? Gold hardware seems to amplify the yellowness/brightness visually too

Last edited:

That is funny because I was about to make the exact same comment for Togo / Clemence. I found Swift slightly( very very very slightly) warmer...

Light in the store might have cause this to my eyes ......

I have compared clemence with togo. I prefer soleil on togo. The colour is brighter and sharper. Not sure I saw soleil swift but I believe soleil swift will look fabulous too as swift holds most colours really well. Have fun searching for your bag!

I have seen Soleil in Togo, Clemence, and Swift. I must say it is such a bright colour that there isn't such a difference between the way it appears in different leathers.
That said, in Clemence I felt like it looked a bit more dusty or muted that in Togo, (wich is, yes slightly more bright IMHO). Swift is even maybe slightly brighter than togo, but the difference is very very slight. In all cases it appeared like a true yellow to me, and once again we are talking about very small differences.
Sorry but I haven't seen it in Tadelakt IRL so far so I can't compare it to the three other leathers

Soleil is very pretty!! I've seen it in both clemence and togo, but have not seen irl in swift. Somehow, I prefer togo over clemence, but in general, I also love swift bc it takes in color so well. I'm sorry I'm no help here. If you're near a boutique, you might want to check and see if they have anything in soleil. I remember seeing soleil bags on the shelf the last few times I went shopping.

Thanks for the input ladies!

trama turgo - Oooh, that's very helpful to know.

Bag-terfly - So far, I haven't seen soleil in swift from my boutique visits ... only in clemence and all with PH.