Check out my new Gucci

Greenie

Bag Ho
O.G.
Nov 27, 2005
Picked this up on ebay. Brand new (display model). Still has leather smell. Such a deal! It's missing one of the little grommets though. Can I get that replaced? Could I bring that to the Gucci store to get fixed?

Attachments

• 43_0.jpg
    43_0.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 413
  • 93_1.jpg
    93_1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 219
  • ee_1.jpg
    ee_1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 165
Thanks for the nice comments, guys! This bag truly was a steal. It was obviously on the Saks discount table, because it has a Saks tag marked down from $1400ish to $600ish. I got it for less than $400. Its brand new (a little worn from being on the sale table). Still has that leather smell. The seller was up front with me the whole way.

I called the repair center in NJ and they said I could send it directly to them to fix. 4-6 weeks. I'm going to do that I think. You send them $20 check with the bag and they call you about how much it will cost to fix and you pay by cc.

That is a huge steal! What a great find! Congratulations :smile: For what it's worth.. I think the repair time might be much quicker? I brought in my friends Gucci Belt bag for a repair and she got it in less than 2 weeks.

I called the repair center in NJ and they said I could send it directly to them to fix. 4-6 weeks. I'm going to do that I think. You send them $20 check with the bag and they call you about how much it will cost to fix and you pay by cc.

I had that some problem with my Abbey (actually happened the first time I carried it). Anyway, I sent it to NJ and they repaired it. However, a grommet fell off again :cursing: . I talked to an SA about it and they suggested I go through an actual store to have them send it off instead of sending straight to NJ myself. That way if it keeps happening there will at least be someone from within the company that is aware of it, since I don't know if multiple repairs for the same bag can be tracked in NJ. I guess I'm saying all that to say if a replacement is necessary, you want someone besides yourself to be aware of the issue.

Not sure if it really makes a difference, but that's what the SA told me. :shrugs:

OMG! Greenie I have this bag! We're double bag sisters.... And I love this shoulder capri. The color is gorgeous. Congrats!

I think if you don't want to wait for it get fixed you could ask a trusted cobbler if he can do it for you. I think grommets might be easy to fix. Couldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks, Guys. Since I got it on ebay, I dont want the store to hassle me about a receipt. I'm afraid if I bring it in, they'll do that? It has a Saks tag on it, should I bring it to Saks? It's marked down so they might say "as is because of sale?" what do you think?