Anyone been on a Disney Cruise?

suedoc

O.G.
Aug 7, 2006
My family is thinking about taking a Disney Cruise next February. Does anyone have any experience with these cruises? Any tips you would like to share?

Most important - what handbag should I take? :wondering

I did the land and sea package. Where you go to Walt Disney World for 4 days. You get to visit all 4 parks, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM studios, and Animal Kingdom. Then you are off on a 3 day cruise to the caribbean. Depart from Miami to Nassu in the Bahamas. And Castaway Cay, Disney's private Island. I loved it. your food and drinks are included in the price (exclude alcoholic beverages) The food is great. I loved it so much. We are doing the Mediterranean Disney Cruise next summer 07.

I did the land and sea package. Where you go to Walt Disney World for 4 days. You get to visit all 4 parks, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM studios, and Animal Kingdom. Then you are off on a 3 day cruise to the caribbean. Depart from Miami to Nassu in the Bahamas. And Castaway Cay, Disney's private Island. I loved it. your food and drinks are included in the price (exclude alcoholic beverages) The food is great. I loved it so much. We are doing the Mediterranean Disney Cruise next summer 07.

That sounds awesome! Did you go with your family, friends, or SO? Do you think a Disney cruise is okay to go with a SO or is it geared mostly towards children?

I've been on it twice. I liked it both times. If you've ever been on a regular cruise line then it might seem a little overated. But it's wonderful to go on with kids. Plus my family are Disney freaks so we had a blast.

When we went on the cruise there were three types: 7 day at sea, no stop at Disney world or 4 days at Disney world and 3 days at sea or 3 days at Disney world and 4 days at sea. I don't know if they've changed it at all, plus now they added the two week European cruise.

As far as handbags, if you do the land and sea package then you need something to carry in the parks, some type of messenger would be best. You will also need one for your stop in Nassu, again messenger style would be BEST, Nassu is an alright place but many parts of it are very shady. During your time on the boat you don't really need one, just a big beach tote to take to the pool and Castway Cay.

It would be fine for you and a SO if you are big Disney fans and are crazy about anything Disney. If you're thinking about just going on a cruise to be alone and have fun, then one of the other cruise lines would be better. My family are very big Disney freaks so we loved it.....but the boat is FULL of kids and the cruise itself is one of the most expensive you can take its category.

Also I forgot if you go on it and your on the Wonder Boat and you and your husband can get a night away from the kids, they provide special babysitting for all age groups or if they kids are old enough to be left alone, then you MUST MUST MUST (in my humble opinion :P ) eat one night at Palo. It is the best food I have ever had in my entire life. It's 18 and up and I went both times and it's to die for. It will cost you and your hubby an extra $5 per person to go and you have to sign up to eat there as soon as you get on the boat (they usually start signing up people 10-20mins after the boat opens) because it fills up really quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband and I have been on several cruises, last year was our first Disney cruise. I was a little leery, as I don't like being around a lot of children, but it was a fabulous cruise. The food was surprisingly good, there are a lot of adult only areas on the ship, the cabin was really nice, and we had a great time at Castaway Cay. There is an adult only beach, and we rented a huge innertube for the whole day for only $6. I was very impressed with the whole experience. We will go again next October, we like to visit Disney World every two years.