Shiny or mat alligator

Rouge*

O.G.
Jul 18, 2008
I want to surprise my DH with an alligator wallet, but I'm not sure whether to get it in shiny or mat? Please help me choose! I'm planning to get it today! I found a black in mat and miel in shiny so far.

What a lovely surprise for your DH!

When it comes to shiny - it will turn matte over time.
Matte will also turn a little shiny with use.

So it's a toss up. Sorry that isn't much help. Although my SA said you have to be more careful with shiny if it gets wet.

great! But what would you get your DH if you were in my place???

I love both. But for a wallet, I'd go with matte personally. I think it's a little sturdier. Good luck with whatever you decide. I'm sure he'll love it, especially because it's a surprise from you!

I asked my DH and he says he prefers matte :smile: No matter which one you chose... it's a wonderful and thoughtful present nonetheless!!

definitely matte, and while you are pondering couldn´t you snap a few action shots of your gorgeous new croc;)?

btw. I asked my dad, and he prefers matte too!

Lovely64- I was just thinking - "Hum? Rouge maybe ask your husband about your Birkin and see what he thinks if you mention you were pondering matte instead?"

Okay, now to be serious - well, how about give him the matte and tell him there is a shiny version available if he thinks he would prefer it for an exchange?

Matte. While it will get a slightly shinier with use, I think it's the subtle touch that most men prefer. The glossy look may be a bit over the top. Gorgeous, but a bit much. Depends on the guy.

Both Black Matte and Miel Shiny are lovely! For me personally it would really depend on the color. However, if you want to be on the safe side then you cannot go wrong with Black Matte.