Shiseido Facial Sunscreen?

lovebags2

O.G.
Oct 12, 2007
Hi Ladies,

I could use your help. I LOVE this forum.:smile:

NOW: I'm searching for my HG facial sunscreen. I have very sensitive skin and am looking for a sunscreen that will not only protect but also maybe moisturize a little and make my skin look great. Am I asking too much from just a sunscreen ladies?

I"ve heard wonderful things about shiseido and am thinking of trying the one for face I think it's SPF 33.

Love to hear any input on either this sunsrcreen or your favorite one!

hi there, as much as i love Shiseido, I find their facial suncreen to be too oily, too much like a sunscreen, not enough moisture like a day cream....

my HG day cream is Devita Daily Solar Protective Moisturizer 30 $24.95! believe it or not, i bought this at Whole Foods! it is the best day cream i have ever used, plus the SPF is 30! it's not greasy/oily and it's natural, absorbs quick, and light! look it up here http://www.devita.net/products/products.mgi2?mgiToken=BG28A9K29283AME221

i also use COVERMARK Day Nourisher as a primer over my day cream and before foundation http://www.covermark.co.jp/cgi-bin/en/products/products_details.cgi?prd=100160 it's a Japanese brand and i LOVE their foundation as well, I restock both items everytime i go to Hong Kong or any relatives that travel to Asia.

Good luck in your search! :tup:

I love Shiseido's sunscreen! I do use the 55 SPF, but all of them are wonderful! I've been using the sunscreen since I was little (my mom wouldn't let me use other once), and I've never been burned. Stays on great, smells great, and its not to oily. Also, it lasts long. The only bad thing I can think of it is that they don't sell it in a bigger bottle!

hi there, as much as i love Shiseido, I find their facial suncreen to be too oily, too much like a sunscreen, not enough moisture like a day cream....

my HG day cream is Devita Daily Solar Protective Moisturizer 30 $24.95! believe it or not, i bought this at Whole Foods! it is the best day cream i have ever used, plus the SPF is 30! it's not greasy/oily and it's natural, absorbs quick, and light! look it up here http://www.devita.net/products/products.mgi2?mgiToken=BG28A9K29283AME221

i also use COVERMARK Day Nourisher as a primer over my day cream and before foundation http://www.covermark.co.jp/cgi-bin/en/products/products_details.cgi?prd=100160 it's a Japanese brand and i LOVE their foundation as well, I restock both items everytime i go to Hong Kong or any relatives that travel to Asia.

Thanks for this great review.
Do you find this sunscreen is enough to just apply and go (serve as a moisturizer on somedays too)?

I love Shiseido's sunscreen! I do use the 55 SPF, but all of them are wonderful! I've been using the sunscreen since I was little (my mom wouldn't let me use other once), and I've never been burned. Stays on great, smells great, and its not to oily. Also, it lasts long. The only bad thing I can think of it is that they don't sell it in a bigger bottle!

Thanks for this review too. I have a Macy's gift card so I think I"ll give this one a try with a couple other's and see which works the best.:smile:

Thanks for this great review.
Do you find this sunscreen is enough to just apply and go (serve as a moisturizer on somedays too)?

yes, most definitely! I live in San Diego and it's enough as a sunscreen on even the most sunny days (which is probably 360 days a year)

you should give Shiseido a try anyway, or ask for small sample to test it out for a week, i know the Macy's counters will definitely do that for you! Good luck!

I have Shiseido sunscreen for face and body. It's very, very runny and has a milk consistency. It's not as oily as drugstore stuff but it's still sunscreen and will never feel like moisturizer.

I used their facial suncreen SPF55 more as a makeup base and it worked wonderfully. I'd buy again if I was using powder based makeup... and I also had the feeling my skin wasn't breaking out that often when using it (maybe because the thick formula closes your pores LOL)

Thank you SO much for this suggestion. I"M ordering the Devita tomorrow. Last night when I was further researching sunscreens on the safety cosmetic database I noticed this one was rated in the top 10. I'm impressed.

They also have an entire skincare line. Have you tried anything else? Some of their products looked nice.

I'll let you know what I think of the sunscreen. Unfortunately, my Whole Foods didn't carry so I"ll order thru the website.

Thanks again!:smile:

Yay! i'm so glad I was able to help! i want to try their brightening cream when I'm done with my Korres... I'm asian and I have this constant need to "brighten" haha

let me know how you like it!

Thank you SO much for this suggestion. I"M ordering the Devita tomorrow. Last night when I was further researching sunscreens on the safety cosmetic database I noticed this one was rated in the top 10. I'm impressed.

They also have an entire skincare line. Have you tried anything else? Some of their products looked nice.

I'll let you know what I think of the sunscreen. Unfortunately, my Whole Foods didn't carry so I"ll order thru the website.

Thanks again!:smile:

Yay! i'm so glad I was able to help! i want to try their brightening cream when I'm done with my Korres... I'm asian and I have this constant need to "brighten" haha

let me know how you like it!

LOL. Your cute!

I will definetely let you know what I think on this spf. I ordered it today and my health food store will have it for this week probably on Saturday. I can't wait to try. I"m so impressed with the rating it received on safety:smile:

The other good rating was for Obabi Sunguard. I received a sample of that today and so far I like that one too. If I end up loving both I figure it can't hurt to have 2 great sunscreen's to alternate. Right?

I ended up not loving the consistency of the Shiseido. It was too watery.

Ladies, thanks again for all your feedback. You ladies are the best whenever I need good advice re my skincare and/or makeup needs!

I don't use Shiseido sunscreen but my sister does and she loves it, and she is always complaining about something. (She has sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts and finding an everyday sunscreen was hard for her.) She uses the SPF 55 everyday and has never been burned and it does not make her break out, she rarely if ever wears make up, but when she does make up seems to go on as it would if she did not have any sunscreen on. Also, she wears contacts and is very careful with what she puts on her face bc she doesn't want it to run into her eyes. As other posters have mentioned the consistency is a bit thin and runny, but she has found that if she works quickly she can "build" (if that makes any sense) this on her skin and it won't run.

I don't use Shiseido sunscreen but my sister does and she loves it, and she is always complaining about something. (She has sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts and finding an everyday sunscreen was hard for her.) She uses the SPF 55 everyday and has never been burned and it does not make her break out, she rarely if ever wears make up, but when she does make up seems to go on as it would if she did not have any sunscreen on. Also, she wears contacts and is very careful with what she puts on her face bc she doesn't want it to run into her eyes. As other posters have mentioned the consistency is a bit thin and runny, but she has found that if she works quickly she can "build" (if that makes any sense) this on her skin and it won't run.

Thanks for this great review!:smile:

hi there :smile:

i've been using their spf lotion for several years now and love it. i wouldnt consider it moisturizing though. prior to shiseido, i was using La mer's spf 18- which i also loved and which is moisturizing (but i switched bc shiseido is less expensive and offers higher spf).