Please Help!!! Ladies Of The World Unite!!! Need Info On Hermes Birkin Bags!!!!

shoegal11

O.G.
Nov 6, 2006
Hi Everyone!!!
I am completly new to this blog- but have been reading on the useful information regarding Hermes Birkin bags. All though I am a die hard Balenciaga , Chloe and chanel handbag girl- I have set my sites on a HERMES BIRKIN Bag. I called Hermes in Berverly Hills and they stated the waitlist is closed :sad: . So I have a couple of questions for anyone that can help me.
1. Are all the wait list closed at all the Hermes boutiques??? I live in Los Angeles
2. What is the price range for a 32cm birkin???35cm??
3. Which leather is the most durable??? any recomendations????
4. Should I even attempt to purchase a birkin on EBAY??
5. I do like large bags but do not want something that is to big is 32cm a good size????
6. A friend of a friend is selling a Rouge Chevre HAC 32cm birinf for $6900.00 (it is 3 years old) Is that a good deal???
7. Does the waitlist depend on type of leather and size or this the waitlist just a standard time??

I am really sorry for all of the annoying questions??? I just really want a birkin bag and want to make sure I am going about it in the right way

Any help would be great and most appreciated or if you have any other info that might help as well that would be great too!!!!

Thank You
user_offline.gif

Welcome! :flowers: Check out the Hermes Reference Library threads above for answers...they contain a ton of info about Hermes. It may take a while to read through them but they will be a great tool in your Birkin hunt! :yes:

1. Are all the wait list closed at all the Hermes boutiques??? I live in Los Angeles
5. I do like large bags but do not want something that is to big is 32cm a good size????
6. A friend of a friend is selling a Rouge Chevre HAC 32cm birinf for $6900.00 (it is 3 years old) Is that a good deal???
7. Does the waitlist depend on type of leather and size or this the waitlist just a standard time??

user_offline.gif

1. You'll find that the best way to acquire a Birkin directly from Hermes is via relationship with an SA at your store. Orders can be placed twice a year if you are a known client.
2. Average price for a 35cm Togo is $7,400 w/o tax
3. See Hermesgroupie's leather book in the reference library--good info there.
Togo, Fjord, Chevre, Clemence are fairly popular for everyday use.
4. If you see a bag you like, be sure you post it under the authenticate this thread in the Hermes shopping section before bidding. We also have a thread under the Hermes Shopping thread that lists recommended resellers.
5. It depends on your frame, style, etc. There are pix in the Hermes in Action thread (do a search for it in the forum) as well as in the Members' Items section. For your first Birkin it may be good to go with a traditional shape in the 35cm or 30cm vs. the HAC.
6. It doesn't sound like a bad deal-Chevre is traditionally more expensive than Togo.
7. Waiting for the arrival of an order depends on skin availability and various other factors. i.e., exotic skins generally can take longer. Definitely check out the FAQ section in the Hermes Ref Library.

Good luck! :flowers:

shoegal11...Welcome to our subforum, have fun, and we will try and help you!!!

Best advice...READ, READ, and READ some more. We have so many threads and you will learn so much.

Well, to be honest...I don't believe there are waitlists. It is all part of the game, if you want to call it that. You need to develop a relationship at the boutique and eventually the opportunity will arise for you to purchase a birkin. It will take some time and it is harder in LA from what I have heard.

It is a 30 birkin and 35 birkin. Right now $6800 for the 30 and up from there depending on the leather etc. Oh, prices increase early next year.

Oh, such a personal choice...many would suggest togo or clemence, but again it is personal!!!

You can. There are many members who can help you and we have information threads that state reputable sellers and give lots of info.

It really depends on what you call large. How tall are you? What is your build? Many members love the 30...others love the 35.

Tough one...that would take some investigating on my part. Depends on condition and so many other factors.

Waitlist??? Hmmm...no comment!

Good Luck!!! Have fun and we are here to help!!!

Make sure you understand the differences in the Birkin and the HAC. The HAC is technically not a Birkin.
The most popular size is the 35 cm Birkin.
Good luck in your quest.

I am really sorry for all of the annoying questions??? I just really want a birkin bag and want to make sure I am going about it in the right way
user_offline.gif
1. yes, to walk-in customers and especially in Los Angeles (btw, hi...there are actually quite a few LA/OC gals here:heart: )
2. depends on the leather, but I'd say b/w 6.5K+ USD for a 32 and 7K+ for a 35
3. not totally sure which is the most, and this answer varies slightly (depending on who you ask), but I'd say vache liegee, togo/clemence, and fjord are up there in terms of durability. scratch-resistant is a different story. boxcalf and swift are the least, and togo/clemence and fjord are the most.
4. not sure, but i'm sure someone on here knows the name of a reputable seller on ebay
5. birkins vary in size, but it doesn't come in 32 cm. the closest to that would be 30 cm or 35 cm. 35 cm is ideal for an everyday bag, imo. my sa says that 30 cm doubles as a casual "out to dinner" bag
6. if it's never been used, i say it is. hermes bags last forever.
7. my SA says that there really is no waitlist. when a store gets to order, customer requests get taken, and then if the craftspeople can make the bag, they do. if they can't, then your request is squashed, in most instances. if you're a major, major VIP (you're a regular VIP if they even take your request) or a customer of a small store, they may keep rejected requests in their records and request it for you at another time.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!
All of your info has really helped, to my understanding the 32cm is called a HAC which has a shorter handle and a taller frame. So I decided (thanks to you fabulous ladies!!!1) I will go with the 35cm birkin probably in togo leather. I would love a orange one or maybe even for my first purchase a traditional black one. So the issue about the waitlist- When I called the Beverly Hills store the SA stated the waitlist was closed - do you guys think my best bet will to go to the store or maybe even to another city????
And pr1nc355 vbmenu_register("postmenu_1178850", true); (thanks for the help as well!!!!) you stated you live in the OC do you think it is better for me to go to the Hermes boutique in the South Coast Plaza????
Please let me know what.

Thanks again!!!!!

WElcome! I personally have done great with wonderful resellers (several are members here in fact) as I do not have patience for waiting...absorb the info and make some decisions...good luck to you!

--For special orders generally but there are generally birkins put out on the floor every so often in many of the boutiques.

A 35cm in Clemence is around $7400

I like Togo-Clemence and Chevre. I also have Box leather which is basically a smooth,shiny leather. A little more formal.

Yes if it doesn't have a high-markup, is from a respectable reseller and you consult the women on here.
:jammin:
It is, some women prefer the Birkins to the HAC's because there is less arm room on the straps.

6. A friend of a friend is selling a Rouge Chevre HAC 32cm birkin for $6900.00 (it is 3 years old) Is that a good deal???
Pretty good, but I'd ask for something like $6500 or less.