Need some reassurance!

glitterglo

O.G.
Jul 12, 2007
So I've been coveting the Lillians in light pink for a while now, stalking Barney's site every day in the hopes of finding them in a size 5, 5.5 or 6. Well this morning I woke up and they were THERE!! And I promptly purchased them.

But now I'm really uneasy because I know Barney's cancels orders all the time, and the shoe is still showing as available on their site.

Anyone want to reassure me my order won't be canceled? :sweatdrop:

Sorry to burst your bubble but even if the site shows them as available they aren't actually always available.

If you don't get that correspondence e-mail that the order has shipped within a few days they probably aren't coming. :sad:

Also, if you don't get that email in the mean time I'd reccomend calling differnt actual Barney's locations to see if they can locate the shoe, in the event that if it is cancelled you can do a charge-send and still get your shoes!

Barneys does cancel a LOT of orders. But, I have actually gotten shoes from them. You may want to go ahead and check to see if anyone has them in-store, but don't give up. They may come.

Thanks ladies.

Jet Set, how long did it take them to send you the shipped out email? My confirmation email is telling me it takes up to 5 business days - that's next Wed!! Ugh! lol

Some further reassurance.....
*If* they cancel the order, you may still be contacted by another Barney's location if they happen to have your size.

If they're still showing up, likely they won't be cancelled though.

Fingers crossed! Hope you get your shoes!!:flowers:

When they have canceled my orders, it has taken 4-5 days for them to email me that my order wasn't able to be filled. When my orders have shipped they have shipped within 2 days.

After you placed the order, you went back and saw the shoe available in your size, did you actually click on your size? Sometimes what happens is that, when you click on a size that is unavailable, it would actually shows out of stock.

Anyway, my last Barneys order came through, so it seems like they're doing better about their inventory. Hope they won't cancel your lillians, fingers and toes crossed for you.

After you placed the order, you went back and saw the shoe available in your size, did you actually click on your size? Sometimes what happens is that, when you click on a size that is unavailable, it would actually shows out of stock.

Anyway, my last Barneys order came through, so it seems like they're doing better about their inventory. Hope they won't cancel your lillians, fingers and toes crossed for you.
Agreed. Many times the shoe is still shown on the site and sometimes certain sizes may show up as well but if you click on the size, it won't come up or it will say sold out. Of course, there are times that everything works and you check out and get a receipt only to find out three or four or five days later that your order is cancelled. Always a bummer. But it's a good sign if the shoe AND the size still show up when you click on them.

Still crossing for you!

Thanks jaszmine, nancypants, meggy and alice! I just checked again and it now says that the shoe is out of stock in all sizes. Hopefully they had more than one pair of size 6in stock, either that or it took all day for them to remove my shoes from inventory.

Meggy, that timing info is good to know. I guess if by Friday I haven't heard anything I can start getting sad!

Guess what?!? I just got my shipment confirmation from Barney's!!! :yahoo:

I am so excited....I'll post pics as soon as I get them. Thanks so much for letting me vent here...I'm happy that Barney's is seeming to get their inventory system in order.

Guess what?!? I just got my shipment confirmation from Barney's!!! :yahoo:

I am so excited....I'll post pics as soon as I get them. Thanks so much for letting me vent here...I'm happy that Barney's is seeming to get their inventory system in order.
Congrats !!
smil33.gif

can't wait for pics
smil92.gif