The Marky - For Those of You Who Wondered

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
Thank you browneyesblue for pointing out that shoptwigs has the Marky on their site! Since they always have pretty good detailed pics I thought I'd take a look. It's actually not as "bad" as what I had pictured in my head after hearing BOM's description. I don't know if it would work and/or if I'd like it (trying to remember which side has your money & which side has your cards and I'm sure it will bulge if there's too much change inside!!), but I'm going to have a look at it IRL to see what I think

Description

Quilted purple perfection!
Snap closure keeps credit cards in their place.
Features 14 credit card slots, 2 zippered pockets and
two flat pockets. 8 1/2" long by 4 1/4" tall.

attachment.php

Attachments

• marky1.jpg
    marky1.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 65
  • marky2.jpg
    marky2.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 41
  • marky.jpg
    marky.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Thank you browneyesblue for pointing out that shoptwigs has the Marky on their site! Since they always have pretty good detailed pics I thought I'd take a look. It's actually not as "bad" as what I had pictured in my head after hearing BOM's description. I don't know if it would work and/or if I'd like it (trying to remember which side has your money & which side has your cards and I'm sure it will bulge if there's too much change inside!!), but I'm going to have a look at it IRL to see what I think

Description
Quilted purple perfection!
Snap closure keeps credit cards in their place.
Features 14 credit card slots, 2 zippered pockets and
two flat pockets. 8 1/2" long by 4 1/4" tall.

attachment.php
Glad I could help!;)

actually, looking at it again, it doesn't look like it opens from both sides, like I had thought -- looks like it opens only on one side and then there's a zippered compartment behind there. It might not be too bad, but expandable wallets work best for me, so this might not work as well (altho if it's smaller, it might be a good alternative when carrying my smaller bags instead of the billfold -- I was actually hoping to get another small wallet this season, so maybe this would work)

When I mentioned that it opened on both sides, I had actually forgotten that there is a zip closure - but it still holds true. The sides open, but one is snapped and the other is zippered (rather than it being an expandable wallet).

beb and ilmb, thanks for the heads up and pics. i ordered one to see whether or not i'd like it. it's also not as bad as i'd thought. looks like the snap closure would be a pita, no? i like the space, but worried that my cc would fall out.

oh, and interesting that both nordstrom and shoptwigs only ordered black and violet. perhaps it's the only two colors that were produced in the marky?

beb and ilmb, thanks for the heads up and pics. i ordered one to see whether or not i'd like it. it's also not as bad as i'd thought. looks like the snap closure would be a pita, no? i like the space, but worried that my cc would fall out.

oh, and interesting that both nordstrom and shoptwigs only ordered black and violet. perhaps it's the only two colors that were produced in the marky?

You just reminded me - when I was trying it out, I noticed it was snap closure without it being magnetic. The snap is also really small, so it took some concentration/effort to close it. :P

Marc Jacobs is totally killing me with his colors for fall. This violet is SO gorgeous. I NEED something in this color! (Not to mention the MBMJ colors that are going to get me broke- sage, wine, alluminum...sigh...)