Authenticate This CHANEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello thanks for the reply.

i am not the seller, i am the buyer who was made to believe by ebay seller mairo33 that the bag she sold to me was authentic. :sad:

Additional pics are on the same link:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v60/angelganda/CHANEL BAG - SMALL/

To answer your questions:

1) Here's a pic of the screws on the CC closure. Now that Michele brought it up, the Chanel Paris engraving looks really odd (and awful) compared to the real ones

2) The Made in France stamp is opposite the Chanel Paris Stamp. I just noticed today that it seems unusually small, I put a ruler beside it to let you know how small it is.

3) The zipper head is not marked with anything. It doesn't say lampo. But again, seller said this was a vintage bag so a lot of the most recent authenticating marks cannot be found on this bag.

4) There is no sticky sticker residue anywhere in the bag. I'm not sure what the seller said about it, I think she said the sticker is "gone" (meaning it used to be there), or that this bag was made before Chanel started issuing serial stickers.

5) I took the liberty to also post a picture of the CC turnlock, where there is supposed to be the small CC logo. In this bag, its on the left C. I noticed that on some bags its on the right, and then on my other Chanel (silver and gold CC, it's on the flat side of the CC).

6) AND! I noticed that the CCs are flat. The right C does not overlap the left C on the top part. They just sort of meet. I dont know how else to describe it, but they are flat.

Now I'm starting to be 1000% sure that this bag is a knock off. What can I do to make sure that this mairo33 seller pays me back for this knock off??? I checked my Paypal account and it's exactly 4 months today since I bought this bag from her.

What options can I take with eBay? What are the chances that they will be on my side?

Hi, sorry for the delay in responding. I've been swamped at work and have been unable to find time to stop by. Anyway, I have concerns about your bag too. I absolutely don't feel comfortable about it for the following reasons:

1) The Chanel stamp is missing this R trademark. Typically there would be a CC or a R to designate trademark. 2) There should also be a hologram sticker. The bag does not look old enough to not have one. 3) Another thing I have concern about is the zipper pull. I've never seen that one before. If the zipper was redone, then that could explain it, but there are the 2 other discrepancies that I do not feel comfortable about.

I bought my classic flap (medium caviar black) in Madrid, in Chanel store, 2 months ago. I have authentic card, dustbag, but inside there is no hologram sticker. Is it possible that the bag is fake?
Maybe this is a stupid question but....
Tnx in advance

icon0.gif

Can someone authenticate this bag for me, please. Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Auth-Chanel-Nav...ms=66:2|65:1|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

What do u think of it: the sticker with serial number is gone with the time and she cleaned the sticky residue of it...

in the auction it is written that the bag is made of fabric, shoulder strap made of leather, the golden hardware has faded over the time (vintage bag) (nothing else important).

Pushpursin or others, can u Help me more?

What do u think of it: the sticker with serial number is gone with the time and she cleaned the sticky residue of it...

in the auction it is written that the bag is made of fabric, shoulder strap made of leather, the golden hardware has faded over the time (vintage bag) (nothing else important).

Pushpursin or others, can u Help me more?

The CC's are crossed incorrectly but that doesn't automatically rule out authenticity.

Are there any inside zipped pockets? Can we see pictures of the inside flap and the inside of the bag?

ETA: One thing I should note, if the hardware is goldplated then there should be a goldplating stamp on the CC closure which I do not see in the pictures you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.