Lv In Paris France

I'm so jealous! You will def. save some money buying in France...the last time I checked it was about $100 at least. I've also heard that if you pay in cash you get the tax back at the store vs. waiting for it in the mail. Not sure if that's true though...

You can't pay for items over €100 "en Magasin" (in the store) Definitely just pay by CB (Carte-Bleue, i.e. Credit Card) and get "La forme pour la Détaxe" (De-tax form)

Have fun!

That's not true. I was there in May and saw several people paying with tons of 100E bills.

Well, there is a limit. I asked them if I could pay "en espèces" and they were like not for what I was buying (Portefeuille Trésor MC White - it was a gift, but I wish I kept it!)

Just stick to the CB, the €uros thing might more complicated than convenient.

P.S.

If you can't find what you want at the Champs-Elysées Grand Magasin, go to these LV boutiques b/c it's far less crowded and definitely more pleasureable:

Avenue Montaigne ( my favourite, and just next to the Champs)

Blvd. St-Germain (really low-key and very intimate. It's a gorgeous store too)

Galleries Lafayettes (although that one can get crowded too. If you speak in French and you have a rare bag in your hand, they'll make you cut the 'line' past all the foreigners from Asia. They always go there! :lol:)

Also, if you go the Avenue Montaigne store, definitely go to the restaurant named after the street: l'Avenue. Very chic and right next to the Plaza Athené hotel.

If you want any places to go, PM and I'll give a whole list of great spots to visit :smile:

Poufiasse- did they just make that policy? i went to france in 2005 and bought a manhattan pm and audra and i had paid in euro bills

You are so knowledgable. Your french terms makes me want to go back to france again!

how often do you go to paris? you seem very knowledgeable about things... where are you from? ;)

NYC babe - but it's basically the capital of just about everything ;)

I've went there alot for pleasure (my bf ;) and for work so I got used to it. I also studied @ Sciences Po. (absolutely the best school for Political Sciene & diplomacy)

I know a gazzzzilllion places and basically people to get into lots of 'interesting' places definitely not on the 'ole tourist map.

Basically, I've only gone the Eiffel Tower once, and that was it. Now, I just do my thing ;) and totally am at home when I go back there :yes:

Anytime anyone goes back, let me know and I'll give you a couples of things and places you should try out that are definitely not touristy & "plouk" (tacky), but very "Parisien" and that are "bombe atomique" (the 'bomb' - french teen's use it alot ;)

Poufiasse- did they just make that policy? i went to france in 2005 and bought a manhattan pm and audra and i had paid in euro bills

You are so knowledgable. Your french terms makes me want to go back to france again!

You should go! It's really not at all that expensive too! :yahoo:

If you push me hard enough, I'll convince you to go :heart: :P :heart:

"La forme pour la Détaxe" (De-tax form)

Have fun!

What did you get when you asked for that ?? :upsidedown:
Sorry to smile ! it´s just too cute....."la forme" in french means "fitness" or "shape".
They know what you mean anyways, the word for the form is "Le formulaire".
Ok you can make fun of my english now !

Well, there is a limit. I asked them if I could pay "en espèces" and they were like not for what I was buying (Portefeuille Trésor MC White - it was a gift, but I wish I kept it!)

Just stick to the CB, the €uros thing might more complicated than convenient.

:smile:

I totally agree ! Try to avoid carrying tons of cash...pleeeeaase for your safety guys. The pickpockets in the subway always steal american tourists first bc they know there will be loads of cash.....