Lv In Paris France

What did you get when you asked for that ?? :upsidedown:
Sorry to smile ! it´s just too cute....."la forme" in french means "fitness" or "shape".
They know what you mean anyways, the word for the form is "Le formulaire".
Ok you can make fun of my english now !

It's the just du "Fran-gle-cisme" (Anglo-saxonation of French) Whevener I say it it's just like mixing english in normal French.

"Best of" (MacDo, Maxi Best-of)
"les Peoples"
"Ship-er" (send, post)
"e-mail" (although it really should be 'Courriel' according to the Academie)
etc. etc.

There's so many English words in French that it's fun to just play around with the phrases ;)

I know what you mean- "la forme" is for the body, of course, but when you say in the context, it's like you're saying "la Form" (le formulaire) pour la détaxe.

"Ça va" but thanks for pointing it out :heart: :P :heart:

I totally agree ! Try to avoid carrying tons of cash...pleeeeaase for your safety guys. The pickpockets in the subway always steal american tourists first bc they know there will be loads of cash.....

Well, also b/c the Americans are unsupecting. If you notice, everyone in the metro holds their wallets and/or purses close to their bodies to avoid pickpocketers. :Push:

When you walk on the narrow "trotoirs" (sidewalks) if you were to come up behind someone, just because you wished to pass by them, their reaction is just to hold their precious belongings, stop, and let you walk past by. :rolleyes:

They're very cautious, as should be the tourists of course :yes:

Oh, and avoid the Jamaicans at the foot of Sacré Coeur. They always want you to try out their little Chinese finger puzzle string thingy and make you pay for it in the end. :Push:

My real question for the tax back though.. does it have to be a bag that's 1000Euro or a combination of things at LV that adds up to 1000Euro? Thanks all! ;)

It's gotta be 150€ all things added up in one shop (or better said each floor you pay for) I think, not sure but it has to be around 100€ but surely NOT 1000€ to get your tax back. In Austria you only need a total of 75€ in a shop...

It's true in Paris you need to pay with a credit card if the purchase go over 150 euros, the maximum you can pay with cash is 150 euros. It's a way for lv to control the paralell market. If you pay with a credit card you are in the system. This way they have an history of your purchases. There is so many lv asian paralell market in Paris. They buy to resell for double price in their country.

It was mentioned that in Paris it's not referred to as VAT. When we were in Paris we called it VAT and they knew what it was, and at the airport too. They print out the form you at LV. They definitely know it as VAT! The credit card refunded the VAT within a couple of days. Very simple. Just make sure you have the items purchased with you at the airport. Sometimes they ask, but other times they just look and see you have a bag. Don't forget that you have to declare and pay duty upon arriving in the US for purchases over $800.00, per person. (I think it's this amount unless it changed). It was still a savings buying there, but you do have to pay the duty at the airport when you go through customs at your destination.

You buy your bag, shoes (or any other item) at any luxury store not only at LV. They will offer you the detaxe form. You fill up the form with your information, name, credit card number... then at the airport you show the form + the item at the detaxe window, you also need to show your passport. Then about 3 weeks after you receive The TVA back. The TVA means (Taxe a la valeur ajoutee) it's 19.22% of the price of the item.

You buy your bag, shoes (or any other item) at any luxury store not only at LV. They will offer you the detaxe form. You fill up the form with your information, name, credit card number... then at the airport you show the form + the item at the detaxe window, you also need to show your passport. Then about 3 weeks after you receive The TVA back. The TVA means (Taxe a la valeur ajoutee) it's 19.22% of the price of the item.

Thank you - it is TVA (Tax à la valeur ajoutée)

VAT is the English way of saying it (Value added tax)

It depends who you are - If you don't want people to treat you like foreigners and you speak French, then say TVA :upsidedown:

Otherwise, VAT (but I think they would like it if you at least tried to say
"la Tè-Vè-Á" :supacool: