A bit sad that i do not have a box..

Nov 7, 2005
Since i purchased online i did not get a Gucci box or bag.. I enjoy these kind of things. If i go into a store and ask for it do you think i will get one? :Push: I live near the Santa Row one in san jose, CA

I think you will sinniebunnie,
just bring your bag and ask for it
i bought a belt (that supposed not to come with a box),
i came back and ask for it, they gave me a huge box for a bag AND a huge shopping bag...lol

i've gone in with my new bag as asked for a dust bag since the one i got with my order was too small. they have honored that as well. i'm sure they would give u a box.

Oh wow i can get an extra dust bag too? that might be pushing it.. i would love a box and bag though =) i will go ask sometime this weekend.

I will just go in and ask for a box so i can safely store the bag and well a bag too so i can carry it home

so I finally got myself my tattoo boston bag yesterday from Saks (which I'll post pics of in the Joy Boston thread), but sadly I didn't get a Gucci box with it, just the dustbag. The SA said that some of the other SA's might've thrown out the boxes when they received the bags :wtf: but she did give me a Saks box instead, which was a bit sturdier than any other giftbox.

Now I bought this at a Saks that also had a Gucci boutique just down the mall, so I thought I would give it a try to ask for a box if I told them I just bought a bag from Saks and showed the receipt.

Well, the guy who helped me at the Gucci boutique was very polite and actually gave me some inside info - regarding the boxes and Gucci's contract with Saks. He told me that they stopped using boxes to put their items in! Instead they use some kind of envelope thing, which I didn't get to see. But is this true?? Has anyone bought anything recently from a Gucci boutique and had their item wrapped in some sort of envelope thing instead of the pretty shiny bronze boxes?? Is this their way of reacting to the bad economy? Or was that just his excuse to not give me one? He also said because I bought it at Saks and not the boutique he wouln't be able to give one to me - if he had any.

He also mentioned that because Saks Gucci sales have been "sucking", Gucci won't be renewing their contract with Saks next year and will be pulling out their whole line and will only stick with Neiman's! I wonder if this means they'll be putting whatever they have left on sale :thinking:

Anyway, this would explain why NONE of the Gucci bags were on display at Saks. I had to ask an SA if they had any, and she was kind enough to pull all 5 Gucci bags they had hidden in the stock room. She also mentioned something about Gucci pulling back on opening a little spot in their store.

When I mentioned this to the Gucci SA, he said it was probably because they were out of season bags and they're told to take out of season bags off display. :confused1:

But anyway, I left the Gucci boutique without the proper Gucci box I wanted. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to settle for the Saks box :s

Last edited:
did you get your bag from a boutique? was it recently?

I just bought a gunmetal hysteria medium shoulder bag at the Gucci boutique at Nordstrom in Bellevue Square and they didn't give me a box. A couple weeks ago I ordered a large suki from gucci.com and it came in the nice bronze box. What do other designer's do? I have a few Jimmy Choos and my wallets come in a box but not the bags.

i have sooooooo many boxes and bags i dont know what to do with them. i literally have hundreds of designer shopping bags. i guess im keeping them as a reminder of where all my money goes, lol.....

Oh so I'm not alone! I ordered from Gucci a while back as well and didnt recieve a box to store it in! I was actually pretty disappointed! Hmm, you guys think I can go in and ask for a box even though it was a couple months ago? haha im still pretty broken up about it.. Oh and to Dizchik I know what envelope youre talking about. When my purse came in I didnt get the box but received the envelope and I thought to myself.. do they expect me to try to fit this huge purse in a flat envelope? haha

Think about the other way, that save some papers, or a tree. It's actually good for the environment. When I bought my Gucci or LV, I didn't ask for the box, cuz I don't know what to do with the boxes I already have. Why don't we save the world by not to take boxes?

Yes you can just walk in and ask for a storage box.

Also this was my first Gucci bag so I did not even own a box in the first place so i wanted at least one for my box collection which i display like a looney in my room =P